Flash drive corrupts my files!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tuninho, Nov 9, 2008.

1. tuninho

tuninho Private E-2

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and i have a problem that i need some help with...

I've bought a 8gb pen drive but it is corrupting my files!

I connect the pen drive to pc and windows recognizes it, so i open up windows media player and tell it to sync all my music stuff to the flash drive.
    The sync goes okay and after everything is completed i use the "safely remove hardware" crap and remove the pen drive from usb port.
    But when i connect it back to computer it shows like 70% of the files that were transfered as corrupted, and i cannot open or play them as well.

I already tried "format" and "chkdsk" from dos but had no luck. Also tried to change the allocation size when formatting but also no luck.

I think its some kind of bad cluster problem, am i wrong?

What can i do to fix this?

Brunno

2. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Have you tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files to the pen drive? With what result?

Have you tried a similar operation on another machine? With what result?

(BTW -- I'm assuming that only the files on the pen drive get corrupted, and the files on your hard drive are not getting corrupted. Is that accurate?)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds