Help! Need a quick answer about motherboard + vid card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andy K., Jan 8, 2009.

1. Andy K.

Andy K. Private E-2

Hi everyone,

Okay I am pretty scared right now, freaking out even. I got a new vid card, the MSI n9008gt. I also got a 6pin PCI connector for my power supply to power the card. I have a 450watt power supply. And my motherboard is a GeForce7050M.

I put my card in, I attached the power supply to the card, and then plugged it in and pushed the power button.

I hear my motherboard fan, my HD, and the vid card fan. But no display, and nothing else... I think to myself, hmmm. So I unplug my card and take it out and use the integrated card, and the fan starts up and my HD starts up, but still nothing happens. The motherboard doesn't even beep... Did I fry my motherboard....? :cry This is what I fear the most.

(and no I'm not on that PC right now this is an older one.)

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You did disable your integrated in BIOS, right?

3. Andy K.

Andy K. Private E-2

Well I switched it over to PCI express, but it should still be working shouldn't it?

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You have to switch it back for the integrated to work. Maybe your PSU is a no name cheap brand and doesn't have enough juice to power the card? I'm just gr4abbing at straws here.

5. Andy K.

Andy K. Private E-2

Well yeah, I'm guessing that too. But even if the cards didn't work, the motherboard would still beep on startup and carry out as usual, right? It doesn't even do the bios beeps. :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds