Halloween prep

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Genadolin, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Genadolin

Genadolin Private E-2

Oct 31st will be here before we know it, time has an amazing ability to fly.

What are your plans for this year? Events in your area? Crafts & recipes? Costumes for yourself, kids, or pets?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

My prep involves buying loads of candy for the loads of kids that come by trick or treating. I've always liked Halloween, but never go too into it. We have a bunch of decorations we put out and a big ghost that hangs from our porch. :)

My kids are older now, so no more costumes...at least that I'm involved in.

3. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

We have not had kids trick or treating at out door for a several years. The community has rick or treat events and I guess the kids go there. Still I buy the chocolate that I like every year just in case the doorbell rings. LOL

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

In the UK it can be a little different. We don't get innocent kids knocking doors for candy, we get hoodies who are about 17 and a little menacing so everyone just sits real quiet with the lights out and a baseball bat by the front door just for good measure. :-D

I'm in a third floor flat. Halloween won't affect me. :-D

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

hahaha...I make sure I buy candy that I like as well (mostly Reeses) and make sure I put them out at the end of the night so I have some left over. LOL

:eek lol...Seriously?

6. Kestrel13!

Well round these parts anyway. :-D Don't know what Rikky and David will have to say about it all.

7. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I can't remember the last time I wasn't working on Halloween, so I have no idea if I would get any trick-or-treaters or not. Instead, I'll be working a hockey game, then going to a friend's party where if you show up in costume you drink for free, otherwise you pay him $10.

Oh yeah... it's not the best picture, but I'm doing this costume again because it allows me to work (I'll be in that exact chair with those exact people again this year). Blue Screen of Death. :-D

Attached Files:

8. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Nice Hood, Beth!...:p:-D

Met that Mr.Death guy a few times in the last year or two....0_o.

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Ahh, the beauty of living out in the middle of nowhere. No trick or treaters in the years I have lived here.

Well, none that survived...

Just joking. :-D

10. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I made two pumpkin lanterns one year and they stole one and smashed the other.

And that was the parents.:-D

All is not lost though, you can have nice things in the UK you just have to nick them first.

11. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Ha!, ha! Bradford is great, 'in it, Rikky?? roflmao
    Supposedly no Halloween in Australia, yet every year, I get African Boat-People wanting free candy hand-outs. W.T.F.!...:confused.
    My Halloween prep is dragging out and dusting off my old spare tins of baked beans, oysters and asparagus :yum...:-D

12. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Similar issue in Houston - the small kids stop trick or treating around 8 PM; grown people without costumes (or any knowledge of English) ring the doorbell 'til after 11.

Now that I've closed my computer shop and am back in retail management, I've purposely scheduled myself to work closing shift on Oct 31. I'll use the money I save on buying candy to have a really nice dinner on the way home. :-D

13. markhall

markhall Private E-2

Hah, I've never had adults come knocking for candy before, amazing. Our pumpkin got stolen last year though :(

14. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Thing is, if I'm walking the street after a few beers and come across a pumpkin lantern it's coming with me.

Trophy pumpkin:-D I think it's the law you have to steal them.

15. Bob D.

Bob D. Majorgeeks official old fart

I live in a gated community. No trick or treaters. No bags of candy to tempt a diabetic.

16. Kestrel13!

I'm so glad you used me as a model there Musky, great choice! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds