Multi Commander cause my pc to reboot...

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxdamage, Oct 27, 2014.

1. maxdamage

maxdamage Private First Class

Multi Commander causes my pc to reboot...

I recently downloaded multi commander and once installed I ran the program and got the logo and then the ui setup window.

Then after a couple of seconds before I could select an option in the ui setup window on the desktop I saw the motherboard's logo instantaneously and my pc was busy rebooting.

Each time when I ran the app and got the ui setup window, a couple of seconds later my pc would be rebooting.....I uninstalled it ASAP.I did send an email to the developer but no response yet. :(

My pc is running win xp pro sp2.I have been trying to get a decent file management app for a bit now but most of them are not exaclty what I am looking for... :(

The reason I am looking for a file management program is that the version of Vice Versa Free v1.0.3 I have been using for years has a problem.It is "perfect" for my needs... however I noticed a while ago that the copied files had their capital letters missing and and were only lower case letters. ie the source file:DM-4_Square.zip and backed-up file though Vice Versa:dm-4_square.zip

I can't seem to find an app that can scan two folders and sub folders and then rename files according to set rules ie. if one copy of the files has a capital letter or more in the file name it renames the other copy of the file in the other folder\back-up folder to the one with capital letters in it but if the file doesn't have any capital letters it ignores the file and carries on to the next one...?

Is there an app that can do that??

I have tried Double Commander and Unreal Commander but I am not entirely satisfied with them...

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

3. maxdamage

Thanks.Will try it out. :)

4. maxdamage

That app is awesome:major:major!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

With Unreal Commander, you can change the way file names and folders are displayed, including character case, line spacing and font. I settled on Segoe UI, 9.

Attached Files:

6. maxdamage

Thanks but I expected Unreal Commander to be able to right click on a file in either window and do stuff like rename,copy,paste,delete,etc... but you can't. :(

7. maxdamage

Been using Q-Dir for a while and I really like it! :) Been a real help but since I have a ton of files that I have to rename manually isn't any fun at all.

Is there an app that can scan two indentical folders and sub-folders on different hdds for example and scan them and rename files\folders if the one file has capital letters in them and the same file in the same folder on the other hdd doesn't then that file with the same name but all the letter are in lower case letters gets renamed with the same file name with capital letters in it.

The program Vice Versa unfortunately has that bug renames everything in lowercase letters and it has taken a while to rename a small percentage of the files that weren't renamed properly over the years. :(

Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds