Driver Updates

Discussion in 'Software' started by Greyhound, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

I have a ATI Radeon 9600 and have not updated the drivers since 8-25-2004 ver: 6.14.10. I know that there is a certain way to update these drivers, by first uninstalling a bunch of things plus deleting some more files. I was wondering if, I should install the whole suite or just the drivers? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also is there not a uninstall program for some of this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

NO you should be fine to just install the latest drivers as an update, you can just install the drivers and leave the ATi Catalyst Control Panel out, but if you decide to install the control panel then you will also need Microsoft .Net.

3. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Is there any major reason to install the control Panel? I do have it installed on this older version that I have now.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No major reasons not to install it, but I would stop the startup tray control that it adds ( similar to Nvidia drivers ) as you dont really need another startup app when all the settings can be controled via right click properties or control panel.

5. fuerza

fuerza Private E-2

I have the same card, ver: 6.14.10, but when i updated my drivers and did a dxdiag i still see 6.14 instead of the 7.XXX I installed. Did I miss a step?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds