Here's a challenge for you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

For all you folk who think Freecell is a simple and wimpy game and not worth trying.

The only game I play is Freecell as it can be a challenge if you play it the way I do.:)

I try to get as few cards out as I can and try to setup the last move so as many cards go out as possible. 49-50 being the maximum possible as aces and deuces (two's) automatically go out, so you have no control over them once they are exposed.

I have attached a screenshot where 46 cards will go out in one hit when I move the 4 and the 3 under the 5 of Hearts.

The challenge is for you to better 46 and provide a screenshot proof of this.
    No proof will be honoured if you don't provide an screendump.

If 46 is beaten I will up the ante. :-D

Bazza

Attached Files:

2. bigbazza

Maybe I set the bar too high at 46.
    Please post your submissions from 30 onwards and we will have credit where credit is due. :-D

Bazza

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I don't have Freecell :(

4. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Another challenge, when you open freecell, select game, type in -1, or -2. :wave:wave

5. bigbazza

As far as I know, Freecell has been included in every release of Windows from 95 to Vista. Don't know about W7.

Here is a download site if you want to try it.
    http://www.freecellwizard.com/downloadnow.html
    Bazza
    ===

6. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Win 7 has freecell but I think he is on a mac.

7. bigbazza

Hell's bells. They are much more difficult than the standard version of Freecell, I guess. :-D I will have to give them a try.;)

Bazza

===

8. bigbazza

brandypeppy, I'm having trouble with -1 and -2. :cry :( :-D

Bazza

===

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi bigbazza, I used to play that a lot. Never thought of it as a challenge :-D I might give it a whirl. Sounds like a fun challenge too. ;)

10. bigbazza

That's the trouble TeeCee. Most folk, especially serious gamers, think of it as a ridiculously simple game and it is one way. If you try to exceed a certain number of cards to go out in your last move, then it is a different ball game.

I am unhappy if I get less than 40 to go out in my last move for any game I play.

I save a screenprint of games where I get a large number left, and ready to go out so that I can prove it to any doubters. :-D

The challenge is still out there. How many cards can you MG members get out
    in your final move and provide a screenprint before you make that move. ;)

Bazza

===

11. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi bigbazza, it sure is a challenge! Darn, I can get all the aces up, but then when I start to align the rest of the cards, they too automatically go to the aces, then I win again! I'll keep at it, and see if I can get the 3's to hang at the top of the lists... Darn, so close tho!!!:-D

12. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

OK, I think I got it. I just cannot move any more cards, because the game will end. Here is my screeny, with 46 ;) You are right, it is a challenge !;)
    View attachment 137223

OK, that one doesn't look very clear, so try this one:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  13. bigbazza

I've got up to 49 out. :-D
    See if you can equal that :-D
    I'm not going to post the screen dump right now.:-D

Bazza

14. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Ouch! 49? OK, I'll give it a whirl! You do come up with some good ones too! I like a challenge!:-D

15. bigbazza

I'll go easier on you for now.

Try for 47. :-D

Bazza

Attached Files:

16. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

OK, Bazza, you did say 47, so how is this? :-D :-D

[​IMG]

17. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Yeah? Well try to beat this totally-legitimate not-edited screenshot that just happens to be the same dimensions as TeeCee'srolleyes

Attached Files:

18. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey, Mine was not edited. It is Totally legit. What are you implying? I don't cheat. My dimensions are LEGIT too. If you notice, I only have 4 A's.. Not too bad a job EDITING.... :p

19. bigbazza

99 cards left in a 52 card deck???? :-D roflmao

Bazza

===

20. bigbazza

Great effort, now for 48 :-D

See attachment

Bazza

=======

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  21. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Bazza, OK, I'll give it a whirl. I have heard of card counters, but never before seen 99 cards in a 52 deck either... rolleyes But, I guess the kid has got to play; I have very little time for that myself;)

22. bigbazza

It is a lot harder when you don't have a game number to go on. :-D

Bazza

23. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Naturally, but I didn't have a "game number" on the last one, either you know. :p "z" is the one who C&P, not me... I even removed the number from mine too. ;) Lots of possibilities, for sure:-D

24. bigbazza

I wasn't having a shot at you, TeeCee. I was just stating the bleeding obvious. :-D I have been playing Freecell for years (see attachment)

Bazza

====

Attached Files:

25. bigbazza

Re: Here's a challenge for you--Unsolvable FC

Unsolvable Freecell game.
    From Wilipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeCell#Game_11982
    Just another teaser for you and, no, I haven't solved it. :cry

Bazza

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  26. bigbazza

Best of luck, balker. :-D ;)
    Make sure you do a screenprint before your last move if you succeed :major

Bazza

===

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  27. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey, bigbazza, that is interesting. I think there are more than just one tho LOL Don't forget the screeny balker;) I do enjoy this, it is quite the challenge!:-D

28. bigbazza

I've had a few I couldn't solve, but I think that only means I didn't spend enough time and effort on them. :cry :-D

I'd rely on the Wikipedia quote, that only 1 game in the original version of FC is unsolvable. Don't know about the XP version though.

Bazza

29. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

OK, Bazza, got the 48, now on to 49! :-D
    As you can see, it is a little more difficult trying to block cards from going home :) I could not make any other moves, without the entire deck going to home.

[​IMG]

(intentionally removed game #!:-D)

30. bigbazza

Well done TeeCee. :cool :major I've never done better than 49. Don't know if it is possible.
    See attachment for 49. I think it would have gone out if I moved another card. I wasn't game to try. :-D
    Looking at it again, I am not sure if is really a "49" with that final Ace a long way up.

I also challenge myself by never quitting a game until I get it out my way,
    although sometimes I do quit if I have been on the same game for a really long time. :)

Bazza

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  31. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Bazza, I think 49 is going to be a real challenge, and your screeny is nice tho! It IS a 49 too. ;) Yup, it would have gone on one move too. :cool
    I can get so far, and move just ONE card, and it is all done... I just have to pace my moves. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds