Battery Usage .apk Wanted

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by TDV, Apr 5, 2017.

1. TDV

TDV Private E-2

After checking all other possibilities, I found out that my phone (vk800x. using Android 5.1) is using battery, even when everything is turned off. There is no software installed that will tell me what is using the energy.

Is there an .apk that I can install that will tell me where the leak is?

Thank you

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You don't have a Battery entry in your Settings menu?

3. TDV

TDV Private E-2

Can you read? "There is no software installed that will tell me what is using the energy."

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/488538e8
    the phone came with Lollipop. Lollipop includes battery usage.

If you can't find it by looking through the settings, try this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en
    or this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsinib.batterymonitor

I tried to download a manual for your phone from here:
    http://www.gearbest.com/blog/download/vkworld-vk800x-phone-user-manual-in-multi-language-172

but I got nothing. My browsers (I tried 3 different ones) opened a blank tab but nothing downloaded.

5. TDV

TDV Private E-2

Thank you pldr, my experience also...

I got the GSam Battery Monitor from apkmirror (I never use google), it works fine, but then I realized the mistake in my thinking: I actually of course want wo find out what is using energy, when the phone is OFF. Which of course makes it hard to use the apk. My question was wrong... and silly.

Is there a way to somehow check what uses the battery, when a phone is off. Sounds illogical, I know..

In any case, thank you for your gret support, I appreciate it.

6. TDV

TDV Private E-2

As for the GSam Battery Monitor, it is installed in /system/priv-app as it is supposed to be, but when I click it, even after a second uninstall and install all I get is this page telling me:

"The app is orrectly installed with access to battery stats. NO further action is needed. Your companion battery monitor should now be fully functional"

And the only other offer is "Uninstall" button.

Where do I go see the results?

7. plodr

Sorry, I didn't install it because I use the battery monitor that comes on my Marshmallow phone. (I have Lollipop on a tablet so that's where I was looking for the installed battery information). All 3 of my android devices allow me to access both battery and data usage by app.

I also install everything through googleplay. I don't side load apk files.

I suggest you look through EVERYTHING on your phone. You might stumble across the battery monitor.

I thought my phone didn't have a file explorer then finally after owning it for 2 weeks, I stumbled across it. In my "free" time, I'll do exploring to see what else I can find. (My Marshmallow tablet allows me to see what is running at startup and shut off apps; so far I haven't figured out if I can find this on a phone. I'll get notices that it shut off apps to save the battery and I look what it turned off which are apps I really do not want running when I turn on the phone).

One last thought: check to see that your phone is actually turned off when you press the power button. It might merely be on standby which would account for the battery draining.

On my devices, I have to hold the power button in for a few seconds until I see choices. If I don't hold the power button in, the device merely goes on standby.

8. TDV

TDV Private E-2

Thanks again
    I have several file explorers, one extra one for after rooting...
    I now see, taht the problem is different, and I assume that there is no solution for it. As I need something that will tell mewhat uses the battery, when the phone is powered off. Or, to be realistic, when it is as powered off as I can do it, while in reality something is still there.
    I suppose a magic trick is required for that...

So, thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Firstly it's best not to be so unpleasant to a volunteer helping you on a volunteer support forum. Secondly, most smart phones (at least any worth buying) do have a Battery app included, and even if yours does not, as it runs on Android, there are literally dozens of apps that will enable you to see, monitor and amend battery usage. You just have to have the where with all to do a simple search for 'Android Battery Apps'.

10. TDV

TDV Private E-2

Thank you Max, but ypours is a completely unnecessary answer. I know all this... and EVERYTHING That is necessary to understand was in my question. I am not an idiot, so I knwo that there is a battery app on all smart phones, however there was NONE on mine, because I probably uninstalled it after rooting. And your advice trhat"there are literally dozens of apps that will enable you to see, monitor and amend battery usage" is also unneccessary, you might rvcall, that that is precisely why I asked the qwuestion oin the first, I do not ant to see a page with 55 possibilities, I wanted an answer frpom someone who know, and tells me which one to use. Somnething, that plodr did, if you want to scroll up and check.

Why is it that sekfrighteous fools like you have to spend therĂ­r days giving other people advice how they ought to live their life?

Don't bother to ban me, I am regsitered under other names too...

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Android 5 has a battery manager app included. If you chose to root your phone (which you are only now telling us) and made a specific decision to remove that app (which you cannot do without a proactive action) then frankly that's your choice, a silly one obviously but which makes this thread now a pointless one. Since all you have to do is reinstall the app, or one of many others. And asking someone 'can you read?' is likely to dissuade anyone from helping you, which is a problem for you, not anyone else.

12. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

To see the results of what is draining your battery with GSam Battery Monitor, you have to open the app. Also, unfortunately, there is no way to know what could be killing your phone while it is completely powered off other then maybe a bad/faulty or failing battery or a poorly written ROM that you have loaded to your rooted phone.

This person had their opinion of the phone and manual
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  13. plodr

I re-read his first post
    and that could mean all apps, that he is aware of, are off but the phone is not powered off.

My phone, Samsung J3 Emerge, doesn't show me everything running. From time to time I will get a notice that 3 apps not being used were turned off to save battery. I asked a Samsung rep is there a way to see what is running at startup like in my Samsung tablet and was told No, there is not.

If I were you and you worry about the battery dying before the end of the day, carry a portable battery or two with you so you can recharge the phone. I have 2 portable batteries: a 6000 mAh and a 6600 mAh that would help if I can't get to a plug.

14. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Re-reading the whole thread shows the OP later on admitted to having rooted the phone and must have uninstalled the inbuilt settings > battery app that comes with Android 5.1 and which lists every single process using the battery - I'm looking at my own one now. Of course it wont show anything if the device is powered off and it wont be using any battery when powered off. It was an illogical suggestion that battery use can be 'monitored' when the thing is off!
    If the OP restores the inbuilt battery app (or any alternative) they will have the viewable monitoring they want. And the OP saying 'I'm not using Google Play' for that is just bringing up an illogical issue. Most of us have used Google Play without incident, and I've used it on 3 different Android devices with no problems. The OP's only other two threads on MG (both locked by moderators) indicate a difficulty in accepting help and talking to people in an inappropriate manner, as witnessed here again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds