Hp Touch 320 Start Up Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Navine, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Navine

Navine Private E-2

I have an HP Touch 320 and when I start it up the windows loading screen comes up. After a while on the bottom of that screen it reads " starting automatic repairs", then the screen goes black but the mouse appears and is able to move around, and that's the screen it stays on. Any help to fix this would be much appreciated.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Welcome to Major Geeks

Which OPERATING SYSTEM is it running now? That model shipped originally with Windows 7 - is that still the case or was it upgraded to Win10?
    That information is always needed when posting here.

3. Navine

Navine Private E-2

Its running Windows 10

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

5. Navine

Navine Private E-2

i tried to enter safe mode, when I turned on the computer i pressed the ESC key to bring up the menu and chose system recovery. once windows opened i aam brought to a blue and white screen where the mouse works but there is nothing to clicck on, there is no "choose option" screen. so i cant even start the computer in safe mode.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

7. Navine

Navine Private E-2

I can't get to a sign in screen. That's why I turned it on and used the system menu to choose system recovery. That's what your HP link told me to do since I can't reach the sign in screen or Windows menu.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If the HP guide got you into recovery mode then you should follow the directions there, in that guide, for those options including the HP recovery partition. If that doesn't work at all and you have no external recovery back up on a DVD or external hard drive, then it looks like you will have to download Windows 10 afresh on a different system, with a USB pen drive with at least 6gb of free space from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. That will enable you to reinstall Windows 10 as new.
    If you need to save any data from the hard drive, you would need to hook the hard drive up to another system.

9. Navine

Navine Private E-2

Where would I be able to download win7 for free?

10. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

11. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

As you probably updated to w10, the time limit forced the recovery to windows 7 to stop working, so tapping f11 at startup would not work for a clean re-install.
    If you made a windows 10 usb/dvd then you could re-install w10 without a key
    To download w10 now, it would need a key to download from Microsoft

12. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It won't affect a factory installed recovery partition.
    No, you don't.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

13. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I found that I could not use the recovery partition on my Lenova, after the time period- but if you have tried it, then that is good news.
    The download does state that you need the KEY- but it seems the latest change by Microsoft but, again- I did not try to download again, myself, as I have my usb stick already saved. I might try again to confirm to myself, later as it seems a funny change to what was there originally. No doubt the operatives key would be the Windows 7 key with the factory installation on his laptop. So , although I do have lists of keys for many factory setups, I do not have one for this one--If it will download without a key, he /she will have no problem.
    Thanks for that, anyway.

14. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Having checked, and downloaded W10 iso from Justplayin link- it does still download- misleading to say it needs a coa, on the intro page there

15. Navine

Navine Private E-2

Ok so I've found a reinstall disc for Windows 7. I've put it in for it to start up on the disc. I tried using the regular upgrade install bit it wants me to start Windows up regularly which I cannot because Windows 10 starts up and sends me to a black screen. So now I'm trying custom install and it won't let me select either of the 4 partitions? What can I do?

16. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Load the Windows 7 disk and restart the PC.

17. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It sounds like you would have much greater success reinstalling Windows 10 and you should not have the partitions issue.
    To reinstall Windows 10, you should download the Windows 10 file (the exact edition you had before eg Windows 10 Home) by using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool
    You should save the download to a USB pen drive with at least 5gb of free space. It is automatically bootable on your system.
    If you choose to use a DVD it will be an ISO file and you would then need to separately burn that separately to a DVD disc to be bootable.

NB: If Eldon's suggestion doesn't work for you.

18. Navine

Navine Private E-2

That link sends me to a vglinks website to buy products.

19. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Try and answer each post carefully. Have you tried Eldon's suggestion in post #16?
    If not try that.
    If Eldon's suggestion doesn't work, then my suggestion is that tool at this address:
    Try copying and pasting this link instead of just clicking on it.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

20. Navine

Navine Private E-2

I'm downloading the Windows 10 install but will I need a key to install it because I got the free download that didn't give me a key?

21. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

So you have not tried ELDON's suggestion in post number 16?
    If you don't answer questions when we ask you, it makes help for you much harder.

And no you do not need a Key as it is embedded in your motherboard when you upgraded from 7 to 10. When using the tool I suggested (NOT the 'update now' link!!!) you download the tool to the desktop of the system you are using, and choose 'download for reinstall on a different PC'.

22. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Navine- sorry about my slightly misleading bit about needing a key- As Just Playin said, and you found, it was available to download without a key (my later check-as I re-downloaded it to confirm)
    As Max Turner confirmed , the new installation will not need a key, Microsoft's server will accept it on your computer , and will activate it when you go on-line-you need to just install it.
    When re-installing either Windows 7, or, Windows 10, I find it best to delete all partitions, and then create a partition, before installing.
    The main reason this is the easiest and best way that I know to re-install, is because with a hard drive, you cannot delete a partition before the last (or, other partition) on the hard drive..
    So I would suggest , first of all, if you have data that you want to keep/recover. See Max Turner suggestion in post No 8 here, using an external hard drive enclosure, and hooking up to another computer- and the recovery partition contents (I have found that some recovery partitions can be accessed for driver, and some original software from manufacturers for use once windows is re-installed, and saved elsewhere, like a spare usb drive.
    like this video
    If you then wish to re-install Widows 10, I suggest to delete all partitions, and then create a partition, before installing, using the dvd/usb installation media. starting with the last one, and one at a time- always last one first.
    You need to start as Eldon said in post 16- If using a dvd/usb in before starting the system,(without the system running you can open the dvd with an opened up paperclip, and push through small hole in the dvd cover)
    If it does not boot from the dvd/usb, then you need to press-used to be F10- BUT IT may be F9, on this model
    Restart your HP computer if it is on. If it is off, simply turn it on.

Press the "F9- OR F10" button as soon as you see the HP logo or while

Wait for the HP logo to appear during the start-up sequence right after your computer turns on. the screen is blank.
    Change the desired settings in your BIOS menu and exit it to get boot menu to come up as you start up, and choose to boot from dvd/usb
    If all goes well, watch for the press any button to boot from dvd/usb-that can be a bit fast in disappearing, too.​

Windows 10 boots so fast that it can take a bit of high speed clicking to get into the bios, or, boot menu. So expect to miss it, possibly several times, when trying

23. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It's on file in Microsoft's activation servers.

24. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

On some of my motherboards, I've had to dis-able the "speed step technology" or "EIST" in the bios to be able to catch the 'press any key to boot from dvd'. This may help if you can't be fast enough.

25. Navine

Navine Private E-2

Ok I tried downloading win10 and after the download was complete it told me it couldn't be saved on my usb drive. I called and talked to someone at Microsoft and they ended up telling me that my computer couldn't handle win10 but, that win8 had been installed on my computer not win7. So, I tried downloading win8 from the creation media tool from Microsoft and at the end of the download was told again that it couldn't put it on my usb drive.
    Any ideas about how I can fix my usb drive so it can download to it. My usb drive is a PNY 16Gb and has already been formatted and used, there were files on it that I deleted and the only thing left is the auto run file that cant be deleted. Any ideas would be appreciated.

26. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It may be that your particular usb stick may not be "bootable" - not all usb sticks are- Although the media creation tool is very good, I suggest you try this tool
    http://www.isotousb.com/
    Download it and install it, then when the first box comes up, remember to tick the little box to make it bootable- read it through, I do most of mine with it.
    If it will not install, with this tool, then you need a different usb stick
    If you had W10 before, try that with this tool, as it my work- believe it , or, not, Microsoft can get a little detail wrong.....but as I said the maost likely problem with it is that the particular usb stick will not boot.
    Like this one-cheap, but I found they work ok
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SanDisk-1...867744&hash=item33d31c2d39:g:ReQAAOSw5vBZdeIG

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  27. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Just a thought -
    ----- Did you save the Media creation tool to the desktop ? - If you put that on the usb drive- that will be the problem-It has to be opened and installed on the desktop of the pc/laptop you are using
    If you cannot install any iso on the usb, then I would try another usb

28. Eldon

Reformat to get rid of the autorun file.

29. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

30. Eldon

In the case of the 'autorun virus', the autorun file is a text file that has 'instructions' for the malware to run (execute).

31. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds