Lg Us780 Bricked Help!!

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Texas7412, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

I need help, my lg optimus f7 us780 (us cellular) bricked after trying to update.. It has no recovery and the battery won't charge past 50% to use the lg support tool Help please what do i do?!
    its been bricked for almost 2 weeks now

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

I already tried to reset the device but it doesn't seem to do anything.. And I tried using lg flashing tools to reinstall firmware but they fail and the device keeps disconnecting from my computers I tried 4 different cables and they work with other devices just fine

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If it is not still under warranty, a reputable repair shop is probably the only option.

5. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that.. I only paid $26 for the device and they want more than what I payed for it

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since you have a bricked $26 phone that is 3 years old, you have 2 options: buy a new phone or try something drastic.

Here is the drastic:
    https://androidforums.com/threads/guide-unbrick-unroot-lg-optimus-f7-us780-us-cellular.843446/

It does say: MUST HAVE LG MOBILE UPDATER INSTALLED AND USB DEBUGGING ENABLED AND THE PHONE MUST BE IN LG SOFTWARE MODE!
    so if any of these isn't true and you have no way of checking because the phone is bricked, it won't work.

I'd, at the very least, print out all the directions, download the files you need and study what needs to be done.

Texas7412 likes this.
  7. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

Heh well the problem is with the unbricking methods is the device apparently won't stay connected to my computers yes it does have a download mode and the drivers installed, the software to flash the system doesn't seem to even be working with my phone..
    this is literally the only device i cannot unbrick.. i've had 5 lg phones that bricked from failed updates and even from modding them but just an hour and their fixed.. Not the case with this one

8. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

Okay now what the actual hell? the device installed the firmware and is now bricked again at the LG logo and its detected by my pc but the system won't install now... Fml

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Unless you can now successfully un-brick it and solve the problem, the obvious next step is buying a new phone.

10. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, I wouldn't waste any more time on it either.
    http://www.hard-reset.com/lg-optimus-f7-us780-hard-reset.html

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If they haven't already tried the physical buttons reset method (it is in the link in post #2) they should, though their answer in post #3 made me think they had already unsuccessfully used that method since as it was bricked at the time the software option wasn't available.

12. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

This damn phone is annoying now.. I have the .kdz and .cab files for it it successfully flashes the files then bricks itself and now the phone won't charge the battery at all and only comes on with usb plugged in.. At one point before the 2nd brick i had the cwm recovery sort of working again.. when the phone was at the lg logo i pressed vol+ and it went to the battery logo, Then when i pressed the vol buttons the recovery flashes up and let me do things tried flashing the zip for it and then it flashed and bricked worse.. I've never had this much of a problem unbricking an LG or even nokia or samsungs... My computer will find the phone but the lg tools won't do shit to it.. The lg mobile support tool just says the battery is low even before when it was 100% charged UGH

13. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

As in Clockworkmod recovery?

14. Texas7412

Texas7412 Private E-2

Yes.. and now the phone won't do anything except the two lights on the phone glow

15. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Turn off the phone, plug in the charger and leave it for 3-4 hours.
    Wait until the battery is 100% charged.

16. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

What else have you modified?

17. Linda.shift

Linda.shift Private E-2

Is there a way to build an android phone from scratch?

18. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds