Windows 7 Screen Magnifier Problem.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdonah, Aug 12, 2017.

1. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I've had to activate Screen Magnifier in all of my versions of Windows.

In Windows 8.1 and 10 I can go to Views -> Full Screen. However, in Windows 7, that option is greyed out (see att'd.) and only have the choice of Docked.

Scr Mag.jpg

Is there any way I can switch it to Full screen?

2. mdonah

Tried editing Registry. The value doesn't exist. With my High contrast theme, Aero is turned off.

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Windows Help and Support:

4. mdonah

Thanks Eldon.

You know, as I do, that there's always a workaround for everything Microsoft.

I'm wondering if adding a .Reg Dword will make Full Screen available.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I am not sure, but it may be useful information in this video, about looking for animation in the registry, and perhaps a compatibility mode

I hope this will be of use. -I cannot try it as I have full capability with any aero stuff-

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If that was no good, did you find a way? I thought you probably looked at other programs, but.........................
    Have you otherwise thought of trying Magnifier- you can use it free for up to an hour at a time (apparently up to 100 hours)

https://www.imgpresents.com/magnify/mag.htm
    The Magnifier is ideal for individuals that need visual assistance, work with differing screen resolutions, do presentations and/or training, and Graphic Artists. It is simple & easy to use, its operation is automatic, and it is an ideal enhancement to the Windows Environment.
    How do I use it?
    Load it, position it, and reference it as needed - it is that EASY! You can Zoom (full screen / window toggle) with Alt-Z. You can view (hide / show toggle) the Magnifier with Alt-S. Invert colors (toggle) with Alt-I. Toggle cursor display with Alt-C. Select 2x magnification with Alt-2, or 3x with Alt-3. And those are the basics - there are many more useful and advanced features... For a more detailed list of keyboard shortcuts, and other user options, Download the Magnifier software.
    They have a link or a full list of keystrokes.

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

sorry ,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds