My Avatar

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skullduggery's Dupe, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Skullduggery's Dupe

Skullduggery's Dupe Master Sergeant

How come my avatar has TWO images - the "regular" one, and the same image, only smaller, in the lower righthand corner...?

(It only looks that way in "forum view", not in "thread view"...)

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

The smaller one is a visual indication of the threads that you have posted in.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  3. Skullduggery's Dupe

I'm sure this makes sense if you already understand what you mean, but I myself don't understand.

But now there's only a single image in forum view, as I had originally expected, so no problem...

4. Skullduggery's Dupe

And now the second image is back! I know it makes sense to you guys, but you know something I don't - explanation, please?

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

It's exactly as nullptr indicated.

If you see the small icon on top of the thread starter's icon, it means you have posted in that thread. While it may not be helpful if you only post in threads you yourself have started, it is helpful if you are someone who posts in other's threads...particularly if they are trying to help someone with their question.

In other words, it is supposed to be there. If you don't find it useful, I'd just ignore it.

6. Skullduggery's Dupe

Understood. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds