Tidying Up Downloads

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kestrel13!, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I used to have a firefox add on called (i *think*) Download status bar which tidied all my downloads up from the bar at the bottom. Since Firefox had quite a major update lately it wiped out alot of my add ons.
    I now have an untidy bar full of things I've downloaded. I downloaded 'download status bar' add on again but it's not working like before. What can I do to stop these from appearing ?

Attached Files:

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I'd dispense entirely with that add-on. FF has a downloads icon of its own through which you can access all your downloads providing you haven't moved them from your chosen downloads location. Otherwise, to use that add-on, you would need to revert to using a previous FF version.

Attached Files:

3. Kestrel13!

I think you misunderstand. every time i download something, it leaves a little notification at the bottom of firefox. I do not like these and do not want them to display.
    There appears to be no setting in FF to disable this. do you know a work around or should i focus on a 3rd party solution?

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

That does not happen in a 'clean' FF. An add-on is causing it.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  5. Kestrel13!

You are correct. I just removed 'download status bar' from add on's and downloaded a log from malware forum and did not have it left behind as I screen shotted above. It's just curious because this add on actually used to tidy up the downloads for me and now it's not acting that way..... oh well mystery solved, thanks Earthling : - )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds