Freemake Video Converter

Discussion in 'Software' started by kilogulf59, Nov 24, 2015.

1. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Private First Class

Went to update my version of Freemake and AVG gigged it. It instantly installed Opencandy in my puter. Avg removed the threat.

Is there another equal or better free video converter that doesn't dump adware downloaders into one's puter?

2. Booboo58

Booboo58 Private E-2

3. kilogulf59

Thank you but that does not answer my question...

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Don't know how you want to use it but for basic conversions try avc- any video converter. I just dl'd version 5.8.6 and got no pups after a custom install. It does have aol toolbar if you do an express so watch for it. Converted a few videos to different formats. Some music videos to mobile phone format and some just to different formats flv avi wmv mpg4. Seems to do fine.

I had the same thing with Freemake. I let the install go through and then used add/remove for the OC and also cleaned the registry and ran scans. MBAM quarantined everything I might have missed and Freemake works fine. I use it more for joining pieces of downloads into one video so it was worth the effort to do a little cleaning. It's a shame good products have to resort to these methods with newer versions of their products.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/any_video_converter.html

6. Ewen

Ewen Corporal

Actually Freemake is one of the better ones, I got caught the same way so I no longer update. The programme does all that I need as it is so I disabled the update notification in the start-up

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

This in one of the best.
    Format Factory.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/format_factory.html

8. kilogulf59

I'd like to thank you for the advice here folks and Happy Thanksgiving to you all...

9. Skippy23

Skippy23 Private E-2

I tried to down load the FFSetup3.9 that Eldon recommended at Major Geeks and got a virus threat warning...Adware etc.
    I tried to down load this and got a virus threat warning. Just like with Freemake.

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It is not a virus, it is adware. It is clearly shown in red. FF_warning.jpg !

Eldon likes this.
  11. Skippy23

Skippy23 Private E-2

So whats the point. It doesn't work. Period. Just look at all the complaints from people trying to use this junk.
    I'm done with this junk. Even downloaded Microsoft Net Framework because it said it would not work without it. No luck. Someone out there would be doing us a favor by making a NEW converter to work with youtube.

12. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I'm not sure whether you are complaining about the adware supported options when installing this (which are uncheckable - just see the 'click to customise installation' buttons and then UNCHECK the additional software) or the fact you just don't like it.
    But I don't see any comments on the MG download page make the points you do. Maybe you read them elsewhere.
    But if the core software doesn't meet your needs just look for something else.

Eldon likes this.
  13. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks. I rest my case... :)

14. Imandy Mann

Any video I've posted in the "WAYLT" topic in 'the lounge' has been downloaded and converted to my personal choices with FreeMake video converter. I do use others but it is probably used more often and my system is still clean.

15. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

Another free handy one is VidCoder. No problems with adware etc.

Imandy Mann likes this.
  16. Imandy Mann

Just downloaded Vidcoder. The portable exe. Clean download and clean launch. Didn't do any conversions yet but it does seem clean. Thnx.

17. RogelioHutt

RogelioHutt Private E-2

18. kilogulf59

Thanks to all for the assist on this...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds