Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - Accessories

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by ramdean, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramdean

ramdean Private E-2

Just received the noted item. I'm new to tabs and android. It's like anothet world. I've been searching for accessories and all I could handle was the case/keyboard and so-called glass screen protector. I can't find any specs in their manual or website for 64 GB SDs and compatible cables...i.e. hdmi, auto chargers, earbuds, etc.

Can anyone direct me to a source for such info?

Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays -To-Come to all of the Major's brigade!

RAMDEAN 76

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The tab S2 supports an OTG cable. I attach one of those to my ASUS 7" tab. Then I attach a powered USB hub and I can use a mouse, keyboard, USB stick, 500GB and 1TB external portable hard drive.

Let me do some looking.

Looks like it can use an sd card up to 128GB
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s2-specs

3. plodr

As far as chargers for home or car, I use a micro USB to USB cable (6 feet is better than 3 feet) and plug it into a USN car charger.
    micro USB to USB cable: micro2USB.jpg

USB car charger: car_charger.JPG

4. ramdean

ramdean Private E-2

Thanks plodr. Got 2 Questions:
    1. Are there special types of sd cards for this dvice or any ole one will do; and
    2. Which type of cable is compatible for this device 2, 5 or 11 pins,..or does it matter?
    Regards!
    RAMDEAN 76

5. plodr

If it is like my tablet the card is a micro sd card.
    Buy one with an adapter that the micro card slides into and can be put into an sd card reader on a computer or external reader.

Not sure what you are asking in regards to a cable. What kind of cable?

6. ramdean

ramdean Private E-2

HDMI cable, earbud connector, things like that. I checked Amazon for whatever accessories they sell and some of the cable gizmos they show for the Tab S2 reference different pin numbers.
    Hope I'm clear enuff plodr. My main goal is to get all the gizmos needed for pleasure/non-biz use and lock myself in my office and become proficient with this new toy.
    I signed up for a beginners and an intermediate workshop at Best Buy via the Samsung web site but I'm concerned they'll try to sell me all the gizmos they have.
    Thanks again.

7. plodr

Earbuds - one size fits all. (3.5mm) I grab a pair and use it on netbooks, computers, mp3 player and tablet. There is nothing special about it. Other than earbuds for phones coming with mics, you can use whatever you have around for your other devices. (I'm not sure if one with a mic that turns off works on a tablet. I don't own a smart phone so have no earbuds with a mic).

Your tablet has an HDMI port? I did some research to try and see what ports it has but came up empty. I kept getting referred to a Ta3 with an 8" screen.

I just bought a first generation chromecast to "cast" my tablet display to a tv. No wired connection needed.

My tablet has the micro USB port to charge, a headphone port and a micro sd slot where I keep a 32GB card in with movies on it. I use VLC to watch them. That's it, other than a power button and a volume button.

8. ramdean

ramdean Private E-2

Thanks for the info podr. It's just what I needed.
    Regards!
    RAMDEAN76

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds