Game Intallation Problem.

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimrod, Nov 27, 2015.

1. jimrod

jimrod Private E-2

Having eventually got my PC up and running, I downloaded my Tiger Woods 08 game and lo and behold, it's not working.

The message says that the video card in not compatible(I know it is, is a geforce gt710), but when I tried 'can I run it' it tells me it the OS, which is now Win 10. The pop up also says you may have graphic anomalies, but does let me run it to find out.

Is there a fix for this, this is the only game I play and it links me, via the net, to one of my best friends on the other side of the world.

TIA.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. jimrod

jimrod Private E-2

I've been playing it for the last 8 years, and I was playing it on Win 10 on my other PC.

Sadly EA pulled the internet support for 2012 a couple of years ago, so we all went back to it. EA will not do another PC one. But that aside, it's working on other PCs(friends) with Win 10.

I wondered if I went back to Win 7, played it and then reinstalled win 10 would it work? But even if it did, I'd rather have a simpler solution.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try playing it in compatibility mode.

5. jimrod

jimrod Private E-2

I'd already tried that, but I've decided to dual boot 'cos it works on win 8.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds