Sounds Mcgood

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Data Banks, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

I don't eat at McDonalds much, so for the first time in years I went there and thought their prices seemed kind of high from what I was use to at the place. And now I read this news that "
    McDonald's is kicking off this effort with the "McPick 2," a limited-time deal that will let customers select two of the following items for $2: a McDouble, a McChicken, small fries, and mozzarella sticks.

The promotion, which starts January 4, returns sandwiches to the $1 price point of the Dollar Menu.

McDonald's reformulated the Dollar Menu two years ago by axing the $1 price ceiling and turning it into the "Dollar Menu and More" with items that cost up to $5." Not a bad deal but I still have one big problem with them. The menu behind the counter is a mess now with this new video display of theirs that doesn't show everything that's available at the restaurant. Last time I was there I had to ask them something as simple as "how much is a cheeseburger?" It will probably be months if not years until I dine there again, but I sure hope they ditch the electronics and get back to their old fashion menu behind the counter. That looked more like this
    [​IMG]

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

What is that sign from? 1962?

Kestrel13! likes this.
  3. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

No I found it in the 70's but didn't McDonalds have menus with the same type of technology in the 90's and possibly 2000's too?

4. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

So your complaint is what...that prices have gone up since the 1970's?

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I'm sorry. I'm still stuck at the part here McDonalds is referred to as "a restaurant".

6. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Yep +1 here.......McDonalds being compared to a restaurant is an oxymoron LOL

Mimsy likes this.
  7. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

I hope you McThanked them for your McVomit. o_O

Eldon likes this.
  8. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

:D:D

9. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I will admit to liking a Big Mac every once in a while. :oops: (like once every 6 months or so)

I don't think I've sat in a Mcdonald's for at least 10 years though, since my kids were young.

10. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

My main complaint is about the video screen they use to post their menu on. Too many of their items are missing or hidden on it. It was a lot easier to find and view them on their 1970's style board. They obviously agree with me though, that they're prices are too high now for McDonalds.

11. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I do as well, now and then . . . but rarely eat inside unless I'm on the road. Not terrible grub when you are in a hurry. It tickles me to always see someone post their disgust with whatever fast food joint is mentioned. You don't like it, don't eat it. Don't belittle others for not sharing your particular tastes . . . ;)

De gustibus non est disputandum . . . :p

I've not been inside one for a good while, but I agree - better to have a menu board. Also, agree on the prices . . . all prices are too high anymore I think.

Eldon likes this.
  12. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Ditto. :)

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I just say McNo.:)

14. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

Well I still take Chipolte any day over Mickey D but if I do on rare occasion walk into McDonalds, I'd still like to be able to find all items on the menu in front of me. I wonder if they ran out of room to do that since they're serving breakfast now at all times of day there. BTW, I have never ate 1 breakfast item from McDonalds in my life. I'll just take my chances with the Cocoa

15. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I used to love how they served root beer... in the UK that stopped years ago!

16. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

Nothing to worry about they quit selling root beer here in America too. I guess there's just not enough demand for it anywhere. I never cared for it either. I'm addicted to Diet Coke now. I'm no fan of Pepsi anything though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds