Frozen On Start Up

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gardener250, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Gardener250

Gardener250 Private E-2

I am running Windows 8.1. When I came in this morning my PC was frozen in the middle of start up before the sign in page. Since I did not restart the computer before it froze I am assuming it did an automatic update and froze when it restarted. I force quit and started in safe mode. After it started I restarted it and of course if froze again in the same spot. I am now running in safe mode with Networking enabled so I could get to your site. help

2. Gardener250

Gardener250 Private E-2

What can anyone tell me about CyberLink Media Suite and compatibility with windows 8? I just noticed it in my bar at the bottom of the screen and I did not install it, but I am wondering if it could be my problem with start up?

3. Gardener250

Gardener250 Private E-2

OK I guess I have answered my own problem. Opened Task manager and by process of elimination determined the problem was the status monitor for my HP printer. Disabled that and it starts up just fine :)

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good to know you figured it out!! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds