Brother HL-5370DW is leaving toner tracks along right edge of paper

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crotonboy, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crotonboy

Crotonboy Private E-2

My Brother HL-5370DW laser printer is leaving tone on the right edge of the printer paper. It looks like gear tracks deposited 3 times about 3 inches apart. I have included a copy of a test page. I tried a new toner cartridge and it still did the same thing.

Attached Files:

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Is the drum and toner all in one? Most of the time those markings are the drum not getting cleaned.
    For security reasons I don't open pdfs from strangers, if you want to post a jpg.

3. Crotonboy

Crotonboy Private E-2

The toner cartridge is separate and snaps into the drum cartridge.

Attached Files:

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

California Cows Wont Dance The Fandango...
    Cleaning, Conditioning, Writing, Developing, Transferring, Fusing.
    A sweeper strip cleans the drum of any residual toner. Erase lamps light the surface of the drum to neutralize any electrical charge left on it.

So like I said you may have a drum issue.. Just for the heck of it did you 'blow out' the printer with some air?

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Looking at the jpg you posted, the drum is down to 10% usage left. All other bars show 76% or higher remaining.

6. Albert2000

Albert2000 Private E-2

had the same problem because of using LD product. bought a genuine brother drum and the problem solved right away

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You are replying to a thread from 2013....I can only assume the OP got the issue resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds