I'm Have A 200 Http Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ichinzen, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

So the site i'm going to is allowing me to access the sign in screen however when attempting to use any links on that page i'm redirected back to the sign in page. I checked with another site to see if it was down but apparently the site is up and gave me the 200 http error which means i'm the only one having the problem.

Any ideas as to how to get around this problem. So far the site I'm trying to access is the only one that I'm having this issue with.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I will help if you could link to the site. Then we can have a look.

3. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

http://mp4star.com/

I can get as far as the sign in page but clicking any links to go any further into the site or attempting to make an account or sign in just bring me back to the sign in page

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

I'm experiencing the same results, lchinzen, using three different browsers.

5. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

so it's not just me then. But another site said the mp4star was up and running so what's the issue? That site also said that it was the 200 http that was causing it. Did the site I go to lie or is there some other underlying problem revolving around mp4star.com? I mean it's a legit site that hosts videos, so obviously you would need to go further in to watch the content on the site than just the sign in screen.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

All links on the site Forgotten Password, Sign up and Copyright Policy point to one strange url
    Code:
    http://mp4star.com/#
    so it is the coding on the site that is bad.

7. Eldon

8. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

Strange cuz website down says it's up for me. Is there any way around the bad coding by any chance? It's kinda strange that bad coding of this magnitude has gone unnoticed for so long I tried getting onto the site a few years back and was unable to though I can't remeber the reason for it though.

9. Eldon

10. plodr

Attached Files:

11. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

Strange like i said earlier something like this going unnoticed for so long is very strange. Perhaps there's a method to getting into the site that only a few people know of? A site for the select few. Hmmm now that's an idea. Still one would think that the people managing the site would fix somethiing as big as this. I onder if there's a means to contact the site manager by phone or email and tell them the site isn't working for anyone here?

12. plodr

The fact that none of the links work means you will not be able to contact the site manager. All links lead to the link I posted in post #6 above.

As it stands that page is simply a place holder.

13. Eldon

Also have a look at post #9.

14. plodr

Eldon, I get a reading from the site you can't seem to. It says the site is up.

Attached Files:

15. Eldon

Thanks plodr.
    Websitedown is not producing any result in Internet Explorer, but it's working in Mozilla Firefox.
    But I not getting any joy from Mp4star even after typing a name or email address and password.

16. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

could some1 point me to a site that could show me what mp4star looked like while it was still working? I was only visiting it just to see what it was like anyhow and whether or not it would be worth using for my anime needs. And maybe a site that would explain why the mp4star is the way it is now.

17. plodr

18. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

that didn't help at all, some of the pics didn't load cuz of robots.txt and the ones that did load were of the main page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds