Can't Embed Flv (flash Video). All I Get Is Blank White Space.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I have a phpBB (3.0.x) forum and it's got this mod installed called Advanced BBCode Box 3 and I can't get the FLV BBcode to work. Every time I try embedding a video with it, all I get is nothing (Firefox) or a blank white space (Chrome). I've tried embedding from four different sites now with no luck. I'm guessing if it doesn't matter which site I embed from, then it must be an encoding issue. Can anyone tell me how to properly encode flv videos to avoid getting a blank white space?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You're best option is to visit the support forum of the software you are using for your forum.
    There are various forum softwares and they all have there own way of using BB Codes.

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

It was my fault. I'd somehow deleted flashplayer.swf without realizing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Advanced BBCode Box 3 and everything's back to normal now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds