Asus X44h, Windows 7 Boot Loop.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spock96, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

A friend at work asked me to look at her laptop, since she had no space left and some other issues, she couldn't do anything with it.
    I got it and did some looking, and decided to back up all her stuff and just reinstall windows. Did so, when it goes to restart (after windows is installed) it will make it to the ASUS splash screen and automatically restart again never advancing past the point. I didn't make any changes to hardware or anything.
    Changing the boot order doesn't help, nor can I access safe mode.

I'm kind of stuck here.
    Thanks,
    Spock96

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Did you do a clean install?
    When you did your install, did the HDD show another partition? There is a chance there is an OEM system partition trying to restore itself.
    Did you format the HDD? If not, you may not have gotten rid of the previous Windows version.
    Use the system partition if you can, otherwise make the HDD one partition, format and reinstall Windows.

Be sure you have another computer handy and a USB drive to get drivers.

3. Spock96

Yes, it was a clean install and I formatted the HHD into one single partition and installed on that like I typically do.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Is this a new laptop, may want to check the bios vs uefi mode. I think (haven't done a google check to see) there is an option that allows one to not use boot security or something like that.

5. Spock96

Where would I check that, and what is boot security?

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you give the exact model name - there are multiple X44h laptops with different specifications - then better information is available, and find out from the owner the age of it.

7. Spock96

Model- X44H-BBR7
    Owner says it's probably 3 years old or so.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds