Strange Occurrings.... Anyone...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kestrel13!, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Has anything odd, strange, weird, spooky ever happened to you? Something out of the ordinary that you'd like to share?

I went into the florist the once, and ordered up a £10 spray of flowers. The arrangement wasn't ready for a couple of days, so I called back in two days later and saw a different florist. As I was waiting my turn in the queue, I heard my own voice, in my head, say to me "Ay up, she's going to try and sting you for £20 here"

I was confused and puzzled by this but before I knew it, it was my turn to be served. The lady said "That will be twenty pounds, please" in a cheerful voice and my heart skipped a beat or two. Ha ha. I explained the situation and the problem was sorted, I paid my ten pounds, took my flowers and left. :D

I have had a couple more experiences like this but cannot recall exactly what they were. My head works in a bizarre way. lol

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Major dilemma strikes again!!

Kestrel13! likes this.
  3. Kestrel13!

4. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Friday I went to pick up a new pair of glases from a visit last week. During the morning I said to the wife ' Remeber when you got 2 for 1 deal and one wasn't what you ordered.' Would be funny'. Different store. Differnt location. 3 years apart. I had never heard of it before either. Wouldn't you know it ! When my glasses came out - the vision part worked great- but the frames were nothing like I ordered!. Same pair still on the shelf. I just happened to remember to check before we got too far along. Maybe common happening or maybe I was just lucky it happened before.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Before mobiles were commonplace, I was in an office building about 8 miles from home for the first and only time, sat in a waiting area and I heard a 'phone ring probably 3 doors away and I immediately thought "That's for me!?" and I could hear the ?receptionist? say "I'm sorry but there's no one here by that name".

Less than an hour later I found out that it had been for me, someone had wanted to get an emergency message to me and some deft detective work had led them to phone that office. If only the person answering the phone had stuck their head into the corridor and asked ...

I've had way too many similar thoughts/messages popup out of the blue, many of which were astoundingly accurate but for the most part, I never went with that 'instinct', if I had done, I'd probably be in a much better place now.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I went in to my local all-purpose shop (sells virtually any food, grocery, stationery, newspapers etc etc and is open 7am to 11pm 7 days a week) yesterday and the guy who runs it was smiling. That was a first in about 15 years.

Fred_G and Kestrel13! like this.
  7. Kestrel13!

ROFL!!!

8. Kestrel13!

Thanks for your responses Imandy Mann and satrow, how very interesting. satrow you seem to be quite tapped into your sixth sense or whatever it is ;) I believe I could have more experiences like what happened with me, but probably I am blocking it, for reasons I cannot explain. I would like to be able to tune in more.

9. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Some of it might be down to your own state of mind, if you have been worrying about something/someone for a while, it might push you closer towards a kind of fight or flight scenario, where that 'instinct' comes closer to the fore.

I spent 3 days a few years ago where, each time a certain person close to me asked me a question, I replied with the answer to the question that would have followed it. A little like a reversal of the Two Ronnies Mastermind sketch but without any planning or humour, more like some sinister film noir courtroom or asylum scene. Whatever, that belongs strictly in the "Don't try this at home" category, the effects on both parties might be very different to those you might have expected.

legalsuit and Kestrel13! like this.
  10. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I sometimes know exactly what a character in a TV show or movie is going to say, but more often than not, I don't say it. Then again, it's probably due to the predictability of modern entertainment.

And if you watch TV news with me... you'll think I'm speaking in tongues! :eek:

legalsuit and Kestrel13! like this.
  11. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Last week I needed to call my mum and as I picked up the phone and listened for the dial tone my mum said "Hello that was quick. I thought I better give you a call." When I picked up the phone it hadn't even started ringing and my mum had only just finished dialling. Spooky :eek:

LauraR, legalsuit and Kestrel13! like this.
  12. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I was sitting at the drive up window at the bank one day and had the thought "If there was a bank robbery while you were sitting here you would see the whole thing happen." Later that day there was a bank robbery at that bank. Freaked me out!:eek:

LauraR, legalsuit and Kestrel13! like this.
  13. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Oh, I have a bunch of odd events.

I was a teenager, and had crashed on the couch in my parent's family room one night. I felt something close to my face, and I opened my eyes to see I was about six inches from the ceiling. I wondered why a very, very tiny number "32½" was penciled in by the light fixture. It was clear in my mind when I woke up hours later, but I passed it off to just being a strange dream.

Cut to a year or so later when I was changing the light fixture for my mother. Lo and behold, right there was the tiny number I saw in my dream. These were 10 foot ceilings, and the number was not visible from floor level, even if standing. Very weird.

the mekanic, Kestrel13! and markhall like this.
  14. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I found out today why my local shopkeeper was smiling at the weekend, for the first time I can remember. He had just heard that the local Housing Association had awarded him the lease on a very large ground floor shop area in a large new building of flats (apartments). No wonder he was smiling - those kinds of spaces almost always go to the big supermarkets like 'Sainsburys Local' or 'Tesco Express', and that space is at least 4 times bigger than his current shop. He's in the money now! lol

Kestrel13! likes this.
  15. Kestrel13!

I have really enjoyed reading these posts from you all! Absolutely fascinating and a little scary!!

Here's my oddity for the day...computer related. My favicon for Majorgeeks malware forum has been possessed....by BT..... lmao :p

Attached Files:

16. Anon-9aee479f8f

More than once I have had plans to go somewhere and at the last minute something happen or someone changed my mind and plans changed then later find out that something bad or unpleasant happen and I could of been there if I had gone with my original plans. Maybe coincidence. Maybe not!

Kestrel13! likes this.
  17. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Interesting Posts which I find fascinating as I personally view these different times as possible instances of:

• Basic instincts “…fight or flight….” (Satrow # Post #9)
    • Being tuned in ;) “…And if you watch TV news with me... you'll think I'm speaking in tongues! :eek:(Eldon Post #10)
    • Like minds – common with people who are close “When I picked up the phone it hadn't even started ringing and my mum had only just finished dialling. (Joffa Post #11)
    • Foresight: “…had the thought ‘If there was a bank robbery…’Later that day there …” (KitKat Post #12)
    • Déjà vu or initially had astral travelled “…one night. I opened my eyes to see I was about six inches from the ceiling. I wondered why …tiny number 32½ was penciled in by the light fixture… a year or so later when I was changing the light fixture… right there was the tiny number I saw in my dream…” (Spad Post #13)

Kestrel13! likes this.
  18. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Intuition
    or just a Guardian Angel watching over you?

Like you, I have had many such instances. One, many years ago was when a friend after getting his pilot licence repeatedly asked I join him to get away on a weekend up north. Always busy with work and studies it was months before I finally agreed to schedule a free weekend six weeks away (mind you, I love flying). On the day, at the last minute I cancelled to care for mum who had fallen quite ill. Not hearing from him for some time later, I thought he was still angry with me. Upon checking I learned he had crashed the plane that day – neither he nor his nephew (who took my spot) survived.

Eldon and Kestrel13! like this.
  19. Kestrel13!

Oh my goodness legalsuit.....

20. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

It's pretty well known that most theatres have a ghost, and some theatres even know who theirs is. Some of them play jokes, some of them cause harm, some just wander around and periodically move things. The theatre where I worked from 1989-1997 had a ghost who for reasons unknown to me was christened Rula Lenska (who is still not dead, and never once worked in our theatre). Her name had to be written on the call board for every production, and someone had to sign her in (usually me), or things would go awry. Things breaking on stage, props going missing, etc.

Fast-forward to one night when I was working by myself after rehearsal, rewriting lighting cues, sitting alone in the booth at about 1am. A voice behind me says, quite clearly, "Beth, go home." Who am I to argue? On my way through the lobby, I decided I should run downstairs and use the ladies' room before I walked the six blocks to my apartment. But when I tried to go down the stairs, I physically could not do it. I decided to just go with that as well, left through the lobby doors, and made it home without incident.

Next day I find out when the box office staff came in that morning they found a homeless man sleeping on the couch in the ladies' room. It seems someone hadn't latched the scene shop door after rehearsal and he wandered in. I have no idea if anything would have happened had I run into him or not, but it seems Rula must have thought so and was looking out for me since I took care of her. :)

LauraR and Kestrel13! like this.
  21. Skullduggery's Dupe

Skullduggery's Dupe Master Sergeant

Would lucid dreams qualify, or would that be its own thread?

22. Anon-9aee479f8f

Dreaming is not a strange occurrence. Everyone dreams. Some people remember great detail of their dreams and some don't remember dreaming at all. Some medications make people have vivid dreams. So unless you dream something and later that dream becomes a reality dreams are nothing out of the ordinary.

joffa and Kestrel13! like this.
  23. Anon-9aee479f8f

Although having dreams is not a strange occurrence I have had some very strange dreams.o_O:eek:

Kestrel13! likes this.
  24. Skullduggery's Dupe

Skullduggery's Dupe Master Sergeant

In my experience, having a dream in which I'm aware that I'm dreaming, and able to then consciously decide to explore the possibilities and do so, is highly unusual and strange.

25. Anon-9aee479f8f

I guess it s all depends on how you perceive things. Some of my most creative ideas and solutions have come to me in a dream but I don't think it is strange as it has happen often and creative people will tell you it happens to them also. It is like the mind is still processing information even as you sleep. Just my opinion!

Kestrel13! and legalsuit like this.
  26. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

I tend to agree. Whenever trying to find a solution, I often sleep on it and 9/10 wake up with a solution.

katkat, joffa and Kestrel13! like this.
  27. joffa

Hmmm..... I am one of the people that never remembers dreams and don't even know if I have ever had one :rolleyes:
    Although over the years I have had many deja vu experiences where I have met people I am sure I know from somewhere but couldn't have ever met them because they live in places I have never been and after talking about it we can't find any places they have been that is common to both of us eg school, work, motor racing clubs etc.
    Sometimes I have visited a town for the first time and seem to know where a particular food shop or a doctor's surgery is without getting any directions or looking it up in a street directory. Many years ago, my group of friends went on a water skiing trip and were camping on the Murray River near Bundalong when a friend had an accident and needed a doctor. I was the only one sober enough to drive as I had been driving the ski boat and so I had to drive him to Yarrawonga. I had never been there before and I didn't even have a map but it all looked very familiar and I drove straight to a medical clinic where my friend got some stitches (hey kids......safety warning: don't use sharp tools like an axe when drunk as you might lose a foot);)

@ls sleeping on a problem often helps me with a solution too but I still don't know if I was dreaming about it and I don't know how the solution happens but it just seems to happen :cool:

Kestrel13! likes this.
  28. Anon-9aee479f8f

Joffa you seem to have built in GPS.:p:D

Kestrel13! and joffa like this.
  29. joffa

Hehehe maybe you are right :cool: I usually have a very good sense of direction and often (when I was still driving) someone would tell me where some place was and I could drive straight to the location ........ my mum says it is a talent but my wife says I can only do this because I am too proud to ask for directions roflmao :D :cool:

Of course nowadays you just type into the GPS and the lovely voice tells you where to go o_O :rolleyes:

Kestrel13! likes this.
  30. Eldon

Dreams...
    They are mysterious.
    I cannot, more often than not, remember my dreams.
    But, one night I had a shocking dream. From a very young age I have had an interest in electricity. I used the earthing in our house as an antenna for my crystal radio. And I was super careful. I have never been shocked.
    And then... I dreamt that I shocked. I woke up with my heart pounding, I could feel and hear my heartbeat. I laid on my back for about 10 minutes listening to my heart before I could get up.

31. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

kat...seems you have a danger warning device in your head. I'd listen to yourself all the time.

I've heard people talk about their ghost experiences. None have been malevolent...just the same thing Sgt. Tibbs mentioned. I believe in all that stuff though and find it fascinating.

The only thing I have is with my close friends and, in particular, my mom and sisters. I no sooner think of the person sometimes and my phone rings. Or I've done the same as joffa (I think it was) and pick up the phone to call and the person is there without any ring at all. My mom and I confuse the hell out of my dad sometimes with our conversations. She'll just start saying 'Did you..." and I'll say "Yes". lol...his reaction when it happens in fun of him never gets old...a mix of bemusement and irritation because he has no idea what we are talking about.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  32. Anon-9aee479f8f

Had that happen also. Sometimes I think of a person I have not seen or thought of in a long time and out of the blue they call or I run into them somewhere.
    We all know about cell phone butt calls right? Twice now I have thought of someone and then their cell phone butt calls me. I tend to just think it is funny.

Kestrel13! and LauraR like this.
  33. Eldon

That is very strange... :eek: :oops: o_O

legalsuit likes this.
  34. LauraR

That's even weirder than knowing someone was going to call. lol...you actually even sense the mistake call.

Well, what do You call them? We actually say 'butt dialed' here, but pretty much the same thing.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  35. Anon-9aee479f8f

Yeah same. Can't believe I left "dialed" out of the sentence.:D
    Sorry :rolleyes: I should of said when you cell phone butt dials someone. Happens all the time if you carry your cell phone in your pants pocket.

Kestrel13! likes this.
  36. Kestrel13!

My phone locks, but takes the slightest movement to unlock it (it only cost £5 so no complaints) I almost dialled the emergency services the other night, 999 was typed in, was just waiting for it to go thru... lol

37. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

:D:D:D

38. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Story of my life, but this is the best one.

My great uncle on my mother's side had passed away when I was in my mid twenties. I hadn't seen him in years, and about a week after his passing (I was unable to attend the funeral) he appeared in the middle of the night in a dream at the foot of my bed accompanied by a hooded figure in a cloak. Not the first, or last time I've seen one of them. The odd part (yes, I mean that) is that he was standing on one leg.

I awoke immediately after they departed, and picked up the phone to call my mother despite the early morning hour as she is one of the few people in my life who would not be skeptical as this sort of thing runs in her side of the family. Anyway, when I told her he appeared to me standing on one leg, she fell silent for a bit. Then she tells me that due to his diabetes, his leg was amputated a few months before his passing. Not only had I not seen him in years, this was the first I'd heard of him losing his leg below the knee.

It's actually one of the concrete events in my life that makes me rather sure I'm not clinically, certifiably nuts...

Kestrel13!, Eldon and Imandy Mann like this.
  39. joffa

Jeez that is really spooky and quite scary :eek:

40. Anon-9aee479f8f

Only thing that would be scarier would be being awake when it happen.;)

Imandy Mann likes this.
  41. joffa

Yep it sure would and I would be running away as fast as possible ;)
    I would be more scared of the dude with the hooded cloak and especially if he was carrying a scythe :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

katkat and Kestrel13! like this.
  42. Eldon

I carry my phone in my pant's front pocket.
    I can think of what to call such a call... but lets leave it at that. :D

legalsuit likes this.
  43. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

:D:D

So would your phone calls then be "Mae Wests"

(http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/08/20/glad-to-see/
    About famous quotes:
    In 1978 Mae West incontrovertibly delivered the joke herself in the movie Sextette...speaking to the actor George Hamilton who played an armed gangster: 8
    "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?")

:D:D:D:D

44. Kestrel13!

Some of these posts are giving me goose bumps!

katkat likes this.
  45. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Like I said, story of my life. Look up paranormal in the dictionary and you just might see my picture!

:eek:

Kestrel13! likes this.
  46. joffa

Just had a real spooky thing happen a few of minutes ago and I just had to post in this thread. ;)
    I am sitting in the family room having a nice cup of coffee while listening to the radio and reading the newspaper and the particular article I am reading is about Elton John.
    It was about how he had left his old rockstar lifestyle behind since adopting his kids and now he couldn't be happier leading a quieter and healthier lifestyle.
    I was reading through the article and it was about some of his different houses and how he now preferred to stay at home with the family and how he was now the happiest he has been for a long time.
    At about half way through the article it mentioned the Elton John story had first started 1970. The very moment I was reading the line of text that his first hit was Your Song in 1970, it magically started playing on the radio. The radio station I listen to plays mostly contemporary alternative type songs from the 1990s to current day so first off it was unusual for them to be playing Your Song as it is so old and secondly it is unusual for them to play it as Your Song is a mainstream pop song and thirdly for them to play it at that exact moment when I was reading about the very same song ........................SPOOKY:D:cool:

LauraR, Kestrel13! and katkat like this.
  47. Kestrel13!

That is seriously weird, joffa!!! :D *shivers*

joffa likes this.
  48. LauraR

Ha! Spooky indeed! Great story. :)

joffa likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds