404 Error On Only 1 Of 3 Home Computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by hcrawfor, Feb 8, 2016.

1. hcrawfor

hcrawfor Private First Class

While attempting to login to a site I've used for years, I received this error: 404 - File or directory not found. This started happening yesterday, but ONLY on 1 laptop. I have 2 other laptops on the same wireless home network that do NOT have an issue.

I have cleared cache, run ccleaner and rebooted the laptop having the issue to no avail. There seems to be no other issues with this computer. In fact, I'm using the system in question right now... posting this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Are you trying to access the web page from a bookmark? If so have you tried typing the URL for the web page you want into the address bar and see if you still get the error?

3. hcrawfor

Both... bookmark and typing url. Same result.

I think it's the Chrome Browser... but only on the one laptop. The other 2 laptops are also using Chrome and working fine. When I use Edge on the laptop in question it accesses the website normally. I have downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Chrome, and receive the same error message. Very strange. I have run Malwarebytes, and will now run SuperAntiSpyware... but I doubt that will change anything.

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Have you tried clicking on Properties>Compatibility tab in Chrome?

5. hcrawfor

Yes... but that didn't work. However, I UNINSTALLED Chrome one more time... and re-installed Chrome. Now it's back working. Thanks for all your suggestions.

6. Anon-9aee479f8f

Thanks for letting us know you have fixed your problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds