How Does One Report Pups To Mj

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by BruceInSD, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BruceInSD

BruceInSD Private E-2

Free Viewer 1.0 also installed K-lite Codecs. Not a huge problem as it was easy to uninstall but I don't like finding out things after the fact. Is there a standard procedure for reporting PUPS to MJ?
    The url I used to download was "www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/free_viewer,1.html" BTW

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I don't know the exact email address but a Moderator should help.
    Just to add veracity to what you said I did the following:
    When I used the 'author's site' link it wanted to install 3 optional things, so I unchecked them but it simply wouldn't install.
    I did then try the first MajorGeeks link, it downloaded, I ran it and without any mention of anything it installed K Lite Codec Pack.
    Even if it is meant to work with that, it should say so.
    Very unacceptable.

3. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

It's not a pup - but part of it. Free Viewer uses k-lite's codec to make certain it supports those types of file formats that depend on those codecs. I suposein this day and age they should make it more clear in the install.

DavidGP and LauraR like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds