Mb Anti-exploit Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by snapper, Jan 30, 2016.

1. snapper

snapper Private First Class

Greetings:

After a couple of years of 'no-issues' w/ MB An/Exp - this program has recently started blocking various actions. Issues as follows:
    1. when attempting to upload a document Red Block box appears with following message:

! Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit has blocked an exploit attemptApp: IE (and add-ons)Protection Layer: Application HardeningProtection Technique: 'Anti-Exploit' fingerprinting attempt detected.

Checked the log file and found "The VB Scripting Engine has been blocked". This was the only entry in my MB A/Exp log file.
    2. Searched the MB/A-Exp forum, many others began reporting this problem late Oct/Nov 2015.
    3. Requested support, and received a useless and no help MB associated, destination nowhere. (Will go after that next week).
    4. My temp solution is to temp turn off MB A/Exp, upload my doc, and turn back on.

Now for the PURPOSE of this Thread: Please Be advised - there is something wrong w/ this software and here is why:

4. On a different brand new computer setting up in last few days (yes see Seagate thread) I recently purchased a separate copy of MB Anti-Exploit for Comp #2. Loaded the software today on a brand new system.
    5. When attempted to load in 'anti-virus' and encryption program - MB A/Exp also blocked!
    Now this is a different system, nothing on it, and a different up to date MB A/Exp product. I have to conclude, that it is the software code issue that is creating these issues. Have not yet loaded software, (Adobe, MS etc) on this system. It has to be MB A/Exp.

OK 'Ten Hut' - For Geek Brass:
    Dell Pentium comp 64 bit, Windows 7 premium home version, IE 11. Other than symantec and MB, nothing else on the system.

Seeking any other issues of same 'error' message. And want to provide Product advisory.

Thank you -

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you have purchased Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, as you mention in your point 4 above, then you are entitled to support from them to resolve your system problems, and if you think there is an inherent problem with the software itself you should be addressing that to them, if you haven't already.

snapper likes this.
  3. snapper

snapper Private First Class

Thank you Max for your response. I am still working w/ MBAE team for resolution. My entry here was to see if others experienced same, and or 'heads-up' on current problems. I have since learned though - that (see point #5) on the second computer - MBAE was actually doing its job. Thanks again:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds