Asus Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by HumbleServant1611, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Hello Geeks,

So I did the READ & RUN procedure and I found these messages left behind. I haven't got the final analysis from the Geeks in the Malware Removal Forum, so that might be apart of the remnant malware. In the case it isn't I am trying to solve these issues as well. I uninstalled the "ASUS FancyStart" but I can't find the driver on the ASUS site for the "ACPI ATK0100 kernel Mode Driver." If anyone has a link to any downloads to this driver or a fix to these error messages. I appreciate the patience that everyone is having with me.

Attached Files:

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You are having one problem after another.
    Have you considered re-installing Windows? Afterall, in your other thread you posted you want to do a complete wipe.

3. Two different computers. My PC is a Dell W8.1 with benign problems, which was the Flash Plugin and Windows Updates which I was trying to solve through the (sfc /scannow). The other is my friend's W10 computer (ASUS) which had some serious infections which have been mostly taken care of, just waiting on a log check. In the meantime I want to solve this driver issue as well but I can't seem to find the driver on ASUS's support webpage so I posted here. I just decided to do it all in one sit down instead of procrastinating my benign problems that I've been ignoring for the last 8 months. I was reading other threads on this forum about W10 which I then asked for information on a partitioned OS installation format/layout. Hopefully that clears up everything, I apologize again for flooding the forum.

4. Eldon

5. So I have downloaded it and ran it. I downloaded a few drivers but I do not know how to install them manually.

6. Eldon

I have the Professional Version of DriverEasy, but hopefully you'll see the same as in the screenshot.

DriverEasy.jpg

Click Open File Location.
    You should be taken to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Easeware\DriverEasy\drivers
    If you downloaded more than 1 driver, there'll be more than 1 folder with a strange name.
    In each folder there's an archive. Find the 1 with the ASUS driver(s). The file is a regulr zip archive of which the contents must be extracted. Look to where the files are extracted. One of the files will be a setup file. Double-click it and follow the prompts. Restart whether prompted or not.

Important: Create a System restore point before installing the driver(s).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds