Mute The Iphone

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by homer78, Feb 7, 2016.

1. homer78

homer78 Private First Class

iphone 6,
    I get callers that I don't want to hear
    they babble on and on and I want to mute them
    or for whatevr reason turning the volume down (but it can NOT go to zero??) is what I want to do

is there a way to mute the CALLER(not me) with the iphone 6?
    thank yoyu

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you don't want to take a call from someone, then simply end the call. You can send that caller straight to voicemail by pushing the on/off button once.
    Other than that just muting an incoming call without ending it or sending it to voicemail makes no discernible sense.

Eldon likes this.
  3. homer78

what makes no discernible sense?
    I am aware of how to avoid talking to people. I didnt ask about sending someone to voicemail, etc.

the question is how do I mute the person talking?

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I have to agree with MaxTurner.
    Why would you want to mute someone talking instead of just ending the call?

You might find what you're looking for over here.
    http://www.iphone6manualguides.com/

MaxTurner likes this.
  5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It doesn't make any sense. You either put the current caller on hold if you have another call coming in ('call waiting') or you tell the person to hold on if you need to do something. Just muting them so they carry on talking unaware is not to my knowledge technically possible.

6. homer78

oh, I see,
    so you do understand what I want, (mute the caller), you just don't understand why I'd ever do that. Volume is the issue
    you don't always get a person to answer the phone/computerized voices that are overly loud.
    etc
    lots of reasons
    but the reason doesnt matter, what matter is can it be done.

7. homer78

I feel like I'm at the hardware store and I say,
    hi, where is your "wood glue"
    and they reply,"what are you using it for?"

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Argumentative posts have been removed. If anyone has any helpful suggestions, please feel free to answer. Although, I think it's been established it isn't possible just on the regular features. You might want to search for apps that might do it, but on quick look I didn't see any.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds