Problem With Opera

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

When I right-click on Opera on my taskbar, none of the tasks will work. New tab, new window, new private window. Nothing happens when I click on them. And the icons beside them, rather than being Opera icons, are the generic ones for programs that don't actually exist on the system anymore. What have I done wrong?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Unpin from the taskbar, Right click Opera from all programs list and select pin to taskbar.

Unpin the generic icons.

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Well I unpinned, right-clicked, and pinned again. How do I unpin the generic icons though?

4. plodr

Right click any icon on the taskbar and select unpin.

5. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

No. You don't understand. You didn't read my post properly. I'm talking about the tasks that appear when I right-click on Opera, and the icons beside THEM. Look at the attached image.

There. See? THOSE icons. Beside THOSE tasks. See how none of them are Opera icons? Like I said in the first post. They're not Opera icons. They're just generic program doesn't exist anymore icons. And those tasks won't work. Clicking on new tab or new window or new private window does nothing.

Attached Files:

6. plodr

I don't use Opera. Looking at Palemoon and FF ESR my icons are generic they are not the icons of the browser I'm using.
    Unlike yours, my right click menus are not broken.

There is probably a workaround. For example when I want a new tab in PM, I don't go down to the taskbar and right click I simply use ctrl+ T which opens a new tab with less fuss. I'm not sure what they keys would be for Opera because I don't use it.

You might get better help in the Opera for Windows forum.
    http://forums.opera.com/categories/en-opera-for-windows

Since Opera is under 2% of browsers used, not many people posting here are using it.
    Source: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

7. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Thanks for the info. If it's so little used, I'll probably just forget about it then and stick to Chrome and Firefox.

8. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Scratch that. Don't think I'll bother with Firefox anymore either. Chrome has nearly 70% of the market and Firefox has only 20%. I'll stick with Chrome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds