Laptop Volume Keeps On And Off Automatically

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandela, Feb 10, 2016.

1. bandela

bandela Private E-2

Hey Experts,

My Laptop volume keep getting muted on and off randomly and automatically its very irritating and buggy it keep happening very often. I'm using windows 10 64x and all the drivers are automatically upgraded during installation from windows 7 I used to have same problem in windows 7 too. I tried uninstalling audio drivers and reinstalling and troubleshooting but haven't fixed them. I don't know if its Hardware or something related with Software. Please guys can you help me in fixing this.

I'm using Sony Vaio E Series Laptop
    with Windows 10 64x

Thank you

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Does it do this if you use headset too?

Post exact model of E series Vaio, please.

3. bandela

bandela Private E-2

yes even If i use a headset or a usb audio port or bluetooth it still keep bugging...
    my laptop model is VPCEA16FG

4. plodr

It sounds like a hardware problem if it did it in Windows 7 and 10 and does it whether a headset or speak is plugged in.

Unfortunately there are no downloads for Windows 10 for your model
    http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/VPCEA16FG

This is the info for the audio driver when I selected 64 bit Win 7 Home premium
    30 Mar 2010 6.0.1.5992 114.11 MB
    Since the driver is 6 years old, it is probably the one you are or were using.

A workaround might be to get a USB external sound card.
    Example: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Exter...F8/ref=zg_bs_3015427011_1/180-8204459-2375717
    and plug the headset or speaker into that.
    That device doesn't say Win 10 is supported so if you look at external sound cards, make sure Win 10 is supported before you buy anything.

Imandy Mann likes this.
  5. bandela

bandela Private E-2

Yes there isnt much support from the sony support page, I tried lodging complaint on their support forum but it was of no use. I will check with external sound card and see if the problem subsidize and I will keep you updated. I just want to know one more thing is it related with hardware of software/driver issue?

And also I found out that after updating from windows 7 to windows 10 my cd/dvd drive stopped working It can't read any cd or dvd I tried with data cd and audio/video cd neither of them are worship tho the drive is showing in computer folder, and there's no exclamation mark on device manager.

6. plodr

7. bandela

bandela Private E-2

I have gone back to windows 7 apparently windows 10 just fancy and it just does what windows 7 used to do, so want to go back and see if volume thing is fixed or not but unfortunately even tho I havnet installed relatek drivers still volume keep getting muted on and off.

And CD/DVD drive seems to work now !!! on windows 7

8. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

As plodr posted, the problem might be hardware related because you originally had the problem in Windows 7.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds