Can't Get Rid Of Old Version Of Media Player Classic Home Cinema

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

This problem's been bugging me for a while so thought I'd try and resolve it. I updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.10 months ago, but I still have 1.7.9 on my system. None of my uninstallers can detect it. I have Geek, Revo, and ZSoft. Geek can only detect version 10. Neither Revo nor ZSoft can detect either. And the standard uninstaller in the control panel can only detect version 10. I tried to uninstall and reinstall version 10 a few minutes ago but when I played a video I was asked if I wanted to update to version 10 as the current player was version 9. I don't understand why I can't get rid of version 9. When I right click on a video and select open with, there are two versions of MPC-HC I can pick. The bottom one is apparently version 9. But if I right click on a video and select choose default program, only version 10 appears on that list. This is very confusing. Can anyone tell me why I have two versions on my system and how to get rid of the old one when none of my uninstallers can detect it?

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Maybe portable version(s). Search for MPC-HC to see if different locations show up. I have one shows from "Portable Apps" folder along with one from "Program Files".

'Everything' is a good search product compared to standard Windows search. It's on MG's.

In any location see if there is an "uninstall" for the one you don't want.

Jesse Newell likes this.
  3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

YES! That did it! Thanks! I searched with Everything and found a folder called MPC-HC 1.7.9, got rid of it, and problem solved.

Imandy Mann likes this.
  4. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Good to hear. Now enjoy your videos!

Jesse Newell likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds