Has That Old Bug In Filezilla Been Fixed Yet?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

About a year or so ago, I tried installing the latest version of FileZilla but when I did, I found that I could no longer connect to my website. FileZilla would just keep attempting to connect but keep failing each time. When I looked the problem up, I found that it was some sort of glitch in the latest version and it was recommended that I revert to an older version. I've been using that older version since but would now like to update just to stop the annoying please consider updating message. Has anyone else had problems connecting with the latest version?

2. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Well apparently, it hasn't. I just downloaded and installed the latest version of FileZilla, 3.15.something, and, although I can connect to my website, it takes a really long time to connect, and I can't access any of my folders. Every time I try opening one, I just get a connection failure. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this damn program and how I can connect again as normal, and at the same speed as normal?

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Seems I was wrong about the speed, or maybe it just took a long time the first time, but either way it's connecting fine now, but only to the website. I still can't open folders.

4. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

• Whatch your language.
    This is annoying! I can't UNDERSTAND this! NOW it seems it DOES work but it's taking ages all the time and keeps failing and retrying. It's on the second try that it succeeds. I just want it working again like it used to.

EDIT: Now it's totally failing again. It's able to access the same folders it could access just a moment ago, but if I try accessing deeper folders, it just fails again. This is driving me up the wall.

5. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Now it CAN access the deeper folder. It's just having trouble connecting to the main site now. Failed on first try, got through on second. What the **** is wrong with this thing?

6. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Problem solved. Turns out the default setting of any version newer than the one I was using, 3.9.0.6, is FTPS. The server I was trying to connect to isn't configured for FTPS though, only for plain FTP. So I changed the setting of the latest version to plain FTP and now it works fine.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Jesse

Nice conversation with yourself ;o) but at least you have sorted out your issue with FZ, I use that app alot and mostly in work and SFTP/FTPS can be a PITA if the other end is not setup.

8. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Damn right!

I just tried WinSCP for the first time. Think I might use that from now on. It didn't have any connection problem and also saves my login details so I don't have to type them out each time like I do with FZ.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds