How To Get Windows Updates Without Dl W10

Discussion in 'Software' started by cssc, Feb 12, 2016.

1. cssc

cssc Guest

I gave up on this a few months ago (I was able to delete the windows 10 update reminder), but now it seems I may need to update the display driver. I tried to follow online instructions of how to pick & choose which updates to do, but when I ended up on that page it only told me that I had 2 (or whatever number) updates, & only would let me select "install updates" instead of giving a list of the updates where I could select which updates to install. So I just don't update. No way am I getting windows 10. So how do I find that list? Does it exist?
    Thanks.
    Windows 8.1

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Why are you trying to update the display driver, or any hardware driver for that matter, via Windows Update?

Intel, AMD/ATI and nVidia would give you the latest updated driver, your display card or PC maker would supply you with a display driver that works.

Check the WU links from here to find what's relevant to your W8.1 install (top + bottom of the Criticals and most of the Important ones at a guess). I see a patch there for Remote Desktop Display Driver, if that's what you saw, it's purely an MS driver, unrelated to your real display driver and only needed if Remote Desktop is enabled and/or used. (Winkey+Pause/Break > Advanced System settings > Remote tab = to check if it's active/enabled.)

katkat likes this.
  4. cssc

cssc Guest

OK. Thank you for your replies. Turns out, I'm a retard, as usual. I didn't realize there was clickable text in the update box. I'm updating right now.:rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds