Pc Utilties Disks

Discussion in 'Software' started by binandunit, Feb 12, 2016.

1. binandunit

binandunit Private E-2

Hi all,
    I've got a buch of the free disks that came with pc utilties and I'm aware that there is an full index somewhere, but I can't find it. I'f anyone can help, i would be very grateful an it would save me from trawling through every disk every time I need something.
    Thanks

Dave

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. binandunit

binandunit Private E-2

Hi plodr, Thanks fot your reply. Yes, this is the publication. I tried to go to MAGNESIUM to se if they have any info but the seem to have closed. ???
    Dave

4. plodr

Yup, they ceased publishing in 2012.

You'll have to look over every CD, open Windows Explorer, have it show what is on the CD and then use the snipping tool to print out or save a listing of what each CD holds.

I do this from time to time for the files on my USB sticks. I think at last count we had 34 in the house and knowing which one to grab is easier if I have a printed list to look at.

5. binandunit

binandunit Private E-2

Thanks for you time my friend.

Dave

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

7. binandunit

binandunit Private E-2

Hi Plodr,
    Since our last chat I've found a really good freebie that saves any dir listing and an editable notepad file. I'm finding it top rate. It's "DIRECTORY TREE LIST MAKER". Hope it's of use.

8. binandunit

binandunit Private E-2

Hi Eldon,
    Since our last chat I've found a really good freebie that saves any dir listing and an editable notepad file. I'm finding it top rate. It's "DIRECTORY TREE LIST MAKER". Hope it's of use.

Eldon likes this.
  9. plodr

Eldon likes this.
  10. binaryman

binaryman Private E-2

Since Karen Kenworthy has died, who will support her program?

11. plodr

There is no support nor updating. What sort of support do you need?

I use her old programs on Windows 7 computers and they still work fine. They are small and well written.

I have no plans to run Windows 8/8.1 nor 10 so I can't test them on those versions.

12. binaryman

binaryman Private E-2

I have never known any program that does not have a bug in it.
    and
    What if you want an enhancement?

13. plodr

If you want an enhancement, look for a program that does what you want.

If I need a feature that a program doesn't have, I start looking for a replacement.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds