Bootmgr Is Missing In Windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by may2014, Feb 12, 2016.

1. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

On a laptop i am trying to fix when its turned on bootmgr is missing comes up there is no windows disk for it I tried download a windows 7usb dvd tool on my laptop with windows 8 and when it got to select iso file i could not find it. I also tried f8 and i tied alt f10 nothing happens just get beeps loud noise from laptop

Anything else i could do ?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What is the brand and exact model of the laptop.

Those beeps are a code that is alerting you to something so if I know the model, I can look up the beep codes. How many beeps and are they long, short or a combination of long and short?

3. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

compaq presario CQ57-339WM Notebook PC

a combination of long and short beeps

4. plodr

5. may2014

may2014 Private E-2

I got it to do a system restore and it started back, If it happens again in hp recovery options can i make a backup disc from that and can i use a cd or dvd

6. plodr

When you are in Windows, look in all programs, Click on HP and post what options are given there. You can skip anything that relates to HP printers.

As an example on our Acer netbooks, we have an entry Acer backup Manager. If I click that, one of the options is to Image My drive.

The problem with that is it would be a factory image. You don't want that because then you'd need to re-do years of updates.

A good disk to have is a Windows system repair disk. Here is how to create one on your computer
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds