Lose Shortcuts

Discussion in 'Software' started by durkinjt, Feb 13, 2016.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

Restored my computer to factory a while ago due to freezing, slowness, since then whenever I reboot I lose all my shortcut keys. I re-installed Setpoint and no help.All help appreciatd

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

What do you mean by shortcut keys? Shortcuts are files, usually on the desktop. What Windows version?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Is your computer a laptop?
    Are you referring to the function keys at the top that serve 2 purposes?
    If this is a desktop computer, then you need to state exactly what brand and model keyboard is attached.

Setpoint is Logitech software. Is the keyboard or mouse a Logitech device?

4. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

Thanks for the replies. I have a Logitech K350. When opening the setpoint icon there are Keyboard and F keyboard shortcut keys. When selecting the "launch program" option the program you wish to open is assigned to that shortcut. My problem is that after assigning the keys it becomes inoperative after a restart/reboot.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

I re-installed the proper drivers went on Logitech and downloaded the drivers for my keyboard. Even did a clean install . still are lost afetr a reboot.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?
    This may work and is just a random thought of mine in if you are running Vista or above then one of two things download the 32/64bit version dependant on your Windows version (I know Logitech have a smart installer option too that will choose the right one), then once installed or if likely as you mention above already installed, try this and right click the Logitech keyboard software and choose Run as Administrator and set your special shortcut keys and then exit and reboot.

What security software do you have installed and name all, do you use a PC cleaner/Registry cleaner app at all and if so what?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds