How Is The Weather In Your Neighborhood?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

We are having a White Out. Snow is falling so dense right now I can't see the neighbors house. We are only suppose to be getting 4" but it is really coming down right now.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

No snow until tomorrow. It has now warmed up to 11° F or about -12°C. I am getting too old for temps this cold. No, we won't be moving to a state with warmer temps because then the summers are too hot!

We just don't plan to go out until it warms up which will be tomorrow.

3. Anon-9aee479f8f

Strange thing is they say temps will be almost 60 by Friday here.

4. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

Froze my ass off jogging in 16 degree bs this morning and now the snow is accumulating. I hate this effing place! :mad:

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Cool with a light wind.
    Where I live, the temperature seldom goes below 5°C (41°F) or above 30°C (86°F).

6. Anon-9aee479f8f

Sounds nice! We can drop below 0 to above 100 F here. Then there is the wind chill thing in winter and humidity in summer.

7. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Currently partly sunny and 19F (wind chill puts it at 7F), after spending several days near 0F (wind chills in double digits below 0F) with periodic minor snowfall. It's supposed to start snowing in about an hour, although I've not heard a predicted accumulation. And then by Friday we're supposed to be about 50F. They were saying on the news last night this is the first time in years we're supposed to change 50+ degrees over the course of five days.

8. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

I'd be hibernating throughout winter until spring...can't handle that sort of cold unless I'm temporarily visiting.

9. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Wow! Talk about extremes at both ends.

10. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Now that's nice. :)

11. Anon-9aee479f8f

This is why the power bill runs as I mentioned in the new furnace thread.

12. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Point taken! Wow!

13. Anon-9aee479f8f

The ground is covered with 4" of snow and is very pretty and the roads have been cleared. Yeah!

14. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Back in my comparative youth I spent two years in Montreal. Some time around the end of April someone would throw a switch and temps went from 12F to 70F more or less overnight. Ice-out on the St Lawrence was a sight to behold. Here in the UK we rarely get extremes, high or low. Today it's been 42F here and that's the forecast for the rest of the week. We've only had one light dusting of snow all winter. Dunno how you guys in the States put up with it ;)

15. Anon-9aee479f8f

Earthling it depends on what part of the US you live in what the weather is like. It varies greatly from coast to coast. I happen to love that we have 4 Seasons here. I like a little snow from time to time but my favorite seasons are Fall & Spring, only wish they lasted were longer.

16. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Yep, I've been to Chicago in midwinter, Houston in midsummer - omg - and San Diego where it doesn't make any difference when you go :) But it was those in the central states where you get the extremes I was commiserating with, particularly those living in tornado alley.

17. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

We've gotten lucky this year, but a typical winter involves several feet of snow (a great deal of it lake effect) and temperatures in the teens for weeks. We've seen -10F or colder in winter and 100F+ in summer without figuring in wind chill or humidity. Usually, once it gets hot it stays that way for months, and once it gets cold likewise. The last couple of years have been abnormal, with temperature swings all over the place. This year, I think the service has only plowed our driveway three times, and we've shoveled the walks maybe six.

I really, really, REALLY hate winter. Really a lot. If we could have winter from, say, December 23 through December 26, I would be a happy woman. However, we've seen measurable snowfall as early as mid-October and as late as mid-April. I look at winter as my penance for how much I love our summers.

18. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

I really feel for you.

Our area rarely goes below the teens (i.e. 50ºF / 10Cº).
    Our snow country down south has snow during skiing season, but I doubt it gets as cold as your place. Then again, their summers are quite hot too.

19. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I like your definition of teens MUCH better than mine! :D While we're supposed to be up to 50F this weekend it's a fluke... usually I wouldn't see temperatures that high until at least the end of March.

20. Eldon

Wow! To me, you all live in places with extreme weather.
    My city, Port Elizabeth, is also known as "The Friendly City". And now I'm thinking it's the people and the climate/weather! :cool: We don't get snow... which I have never seen. o_O

21. Anon-9aee479f8f

Sgt Tibbs we are having the same temp changes here this week . It is suppose to start snowing in next hour then change to rain by night fall and by Friday be in 60s.

22. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Headed for the 70's this week. lol

23. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Disgusting...with periods of more disgusting. Snow and freezing rain yesterday and last night, with heavy winds on into pouring rain today. :(

24. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

It's not much better over this side of the state either Laura, I couldn't make it to work this morning, and it keeps coming down though not as hard compared to this morning. Shouldn't get much more this week and it's supposed to be in the 40's and rain this Friday, so we'll see how it goes.

LauraR likes this.
  25. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

In the past 24 hours we've had snow, sleet, freezing rain, ice and now rain.
    It's now 53 where on Sunday we were lucky to hit the mid teens. Bizarre to say the least!

26. LauraR

lol...I think we may be neighbors or something, plodr. That's been us exactly. Of course, now the sun is out.

27. Eldon

Tomorrow will be 75°C. :cool: With a light breeze.
    Will have to get some beers. Again... :rolleyes:

28. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

That's a shame...it's fun to play in (as I said earlier, I don't mind visiting places with snow but not to live there). We have snow country down south in winter - big for skiing season each year.

29. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Tasmania – (Australian island state down south) below zero and snow for summer time! Bizarre.

Here around 22ºC / 76ºF with some rain

30. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa Private E-2

It was 90 degrees yesterday. Earliest it has ever been that warm here in AZ.

31. Bob D.

Bob D. Majorgeeks official old fart

Warm, Spring like weather :)

32. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Was in the 70's yesterday afternoon . . . now it's 50F. Low tomorrow is supposed to be 28F. Darn these matrix glitches!

33. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

It's not that I don't know it'll be back (it's supposed to snow again next weekend). But right now, after a few days of 50-60F, the only snow in my yard is what remains of the piles from shoveling sidewalks and plowing the driveway. It's really pretty darn fabulous!

34. Bob D.

High forty's to low fifty's at night. Low to mid eighty's day time.:p

35. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Last week Sunday when I posted, we were sitting at 62F and all the snow in my yard melted, even all but one pile from shoveling. Tuesday night it started snowing and by the time it was done Thursday morning we had a fresh 18 inches. Today it got over 60F again and a great deal of snow melted, then it started raining and more snow melted, now it's snowing again. Tomorrow night it's supposed to start snowing again and not stop again until Thursday night. I'm getting weather whiplash! :eek:

36. Anon-9aee479f8f

Yesterday it was very windy, today it is raining, and a little way down the road it was hailing. Cold one day and 50s the next. Just wish Spring would hurry up and get here.;)

37. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Even though we are now into Autumn, it has been uncommonly hot everyday for this time of year and good beach weather.

It usually cools down straight after Easter (coming up soon)...

38. Bob D.

Some rain drizzles, some cool day time temps. Then some warm day time temps.

39. Anon-9aee479f8f

Rained all night Wednesday and all day Thursday and more rain coming. Sigh..........:(

40. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

After a few days of 60F+, one day of just over 70F, and a couple of days of rain followed by two sunny days, all our snow is gone! We're back to normal temperatures (in the 50s, mostly), but there's finally no snow. Even the piles from shoveling and plowing are gone. It's still entirely possible we'll get more before it's done (we've had snow as late as mid-April quite commonly, and a few times all the way into May), but it shouldn't be much.

41. e90712

e90712 Private E-2

Looks like rain. Bright red sky this morning.

42. TimW

Been raining for four days.

43. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

82 *f inside with both doors open. I normally set the ac to 80 but this time of year we try to just go with open doors and windows to save electric. Also ceiling fans.
    Where we're at there's no need to close and lock the doors always. Looks like mid 80's all next week. I just have cut my hair and beard back to prep for warmer days. It makes for about 10* cooler feel.

44. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Surprisingly sunny this week so far and 10day forecast has sun or some cloud most days, makes a refreshing change from rain.

45. melen1717

melen1717 Guest

Snow and snow and more snow.... I haven't seen any snow at all. Today was a bit rainy and the temperature is usually in the mid 80's. But of course, I live in Puerto Rico.

46. TimW

84 degrees today. More like summer.

melen1717 likes this.
  47. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'm currently enjoying the heck out of our first real thunderstorm of the season! Pouring down rain, high wind, and frequent lightning with long, rolling thunder following within a couple of seconds. I LOVE thunderstorms!

48. Anon-9aee479f8f

Today is Spring Equinox Day. ~~~~ Our weather s typical for this time of year, all over the place. Yesterday it was 82, today 68, Saturday chance of snow/rain mix. It is not unusual on Easter Sunday to either have snow or have a day in the 80s.

49. LauraR

The weather had been good (even nice) in our area until they started talking about another Nor'easter snow storm this weekend. :( Poor magnolias that have bloomed. I love those trees, but won't have one because of that.

50. Bob D.

A nice 82 F. For desert living that's a balmy Spring day

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds