Tablet Is Now No Longer Charging

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Ichinzen, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

So I was charging the tablet using a standard issue usb cable, (the kind you can plug in to the tablet mind you. and the thing isn't charging. no white light or anything. i press power and the orange light comes on for a couple of seconds, then goes off.

When i initially plugged the tablet into my alienware computer I saw an orange light above the power om the alienware computer. The alienware computer was itself manufactured by dell, so me using that usb to charge it shouldn't have been and issue (seeing as how it was previously being charged by my sisters ps4 with no issues.). That orange light is now gone however.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Have you tried different charging sources? Have you tried a different cord? The name of the tablet and the OS it uses would be helpful also.

3. gregzeng

gregzeng Private E-2

Same problem with my one of my Samsung 12 inch tablets. Also some of the smartphones I've had, and two of my notebook computers.

The power-supply connection on the motherboard has loosened, broken or is dirty. Clean it. If this does not work, have it re-soldered. If this does not work, have it (the motherboard-mounted power-socket) replaced.

On this last issue, if the motherboard is damaged in other ways (fluids, poor quality, etc), then it might need replacing, repair, etc. Or just throw the unit away.

4. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

If you have an iPad it won't charge from a computer, they cannot draw enough power. It must be plugged into the mains. I don't know about Android tablets, might be different

5. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I don't think that is the issue it's a venue 8 pro dell, and every one seems to be complaining about it not charging even with the charger.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Read the full user manual as suggested in your other thread about using this tablet.

7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

8. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

this is interesting, I like Dell products, I have 2 old laptops over 8years old which have had tons of use and never had a problem, still going strong. I checked their website for the Venue and it is showing as not currently available so maybe they are onto the charger problem. I would buy one if that was fixed. Hope you get satisfaction from the company.

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Have you tried calling Dell?

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think this tablet is from 2013. If so, the battery could be dead and that's why it no longer charges. Of course I read about the strange port Dell decided to use (accepting both A and B types) and if the charging cable is put it wrong, it breaks the port.

If you have the tablet connected to an outlet through the charging cable, are you able to use it, even if it doesn't charge? If not, then the port is broken.

Rather than spending money to get a 3 year old tablet fixed, you might want to look at getting a new tablet. Prices have dropped in the past 3 years, at least for Android. I don't know about Windows tablets because I don't look at them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds