What's Wrong With The Router?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Land41, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Land41

Land41 Private E-2

Hello,
    So, my router gets cut off when my flatmate tries to connect her laptop from her room. The router is set in the hall. Her room is further away from mine. There don't used to be a problem before. We don't know if it's her laptop or the router is causing the issue. I am using DSL connection and the WiFi router is Smart RD SR360n https://www.acanac.com/hardware/smart-rg-sr360n/?package=fibre given by our ISP. What should we do to troubleshoot this issue? Need help.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You'd need to be more specific about exactly which 'lights' change on the router itself. They are all named and you need to look carefully at which ones. You have two options, one is go to the community support forum in the link to that router you posted, and the next (which I personally would do first) is telephone (or online webchat) your ISP Technical Support and get their assistance as the equipment was provided by them. You are far better advised to do these things above before coming to a generalist forum.

Land41 likes this.
  3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you mean the router shuts down completely? No lights on it?
    Or do you mean you lose your internet connection whenever she connects to the internet? In other words, her laptop "hogs" the entire bandwidth and nothing is left for you.

4. Land41

Land41 Private E-2

None of us can access, the router shuts down completely, and I have to turn it on.

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There should always be a power light on the router, when plugged in, even if the connection is lost. Unless of course the power in the place it is plugged in shuts down.
    Have you spoken with your ISP Technical Support?

6. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Late to the party but, if it's still a problem, try setting up a household fan to blow cool air across the router before testing again with multiple connections.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds