Soundbar Giving Me A Little Trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ichinzen, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

So occassionally the insignia sounbar that I've been using with my computer stops playing sound. When this happens occasionally anything attempting to produce a sound will stop playing and/or freeze, like wmp, or a youtube video. The other thing that happens is the blue light starts flashing. Normally I just restart the computer and everything gets fixed but this seems more like a software problem on my computer, than a hardware since I doubt the physical components could cause any disruption of an otherwise digital process.

Still I'd rather fix this problem completely and not have to deal with these restarts anymore since restarting my computer, is just irritating in it's own right.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

5. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

didn't find anything related to the issue. Also posting my question was impossible as there was no button to do so. I even registered and logged in and there was still no button.

The speaker is using a bluetooth to connect to my computer.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I did. It's in the FAQs
    Check whether the problem also exists when you connect it wired.
    Problems registering and posting on their forum you should direct to them.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  7. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I tried connecting it initially, by wire but unfortunately, the computer didn't so much as even acknowledge it's existence. Could you give me a link cuz i didn't see anything about slowly flashing led in the faq.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I saw an FAQ on sound stopping. You have the link to the FAQs.
    It should easily connect via wired connection or BT.
    I suggest you get some support from Insignia. If it's in warranty, then the issue is for them to sort out.
    To be honest unless someone here on this forum owns and uses that make and model, you aren't going to get any useful help.
    Either call their technical support line or register on their user forum, emailing them if you continue to have problems registering.

9. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

Yea and none of the suggestions really applied power is fine and settings were right. I don't have this issue with my ps4, probably because it's connected by a wire instead I think the issue is with my computer software most likely regarding the bluetooth.

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Your above comments don't make sense to me to be honest with you.
    But given that you have spent nearly half a year with problems with this soundbar, I don't understand why you aren't seeking help from its manufacturer.
    You keep saying - now and in February - that it must be your computer. The manufacturer technical support staff would know if that is true.
    And as I explained this time and in February, it's unlikely your time is having any positive result here because no one here owns and uses one .

CALL THEM or email them:
    http://www.insigniaproducts.com/support/contact.html

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  11. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

It's sad that no one here uses one, for the sound quality it produces 69 bucks is a steal.

12. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Did you resolve the problem?
    Plenty of users on Insignia's own support forum.
    I use an Anker Soundcore which has excellent sound. US$36!

Imandy Mann likes this.
  13. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I tried to find the create topic button after creating an account and loging in, but there was no such button on the page, and i was in the forum section. And I honestly don't want to call them and deal with an automated systems. I want to at least try the computer angle first and what problems computer side could be causing that before I go to to the trouble of going through an automated system.

I prefer working problems out on my own if I can help it, that way I at least learn how to deal with these kinds of problems in the future rather than get help elsewhere. Since having problems with bluetooth is relatively new to me I wanna work that angle first.

Besides ever since I started using the soundbar with my computer I've been getting a dpc watchdog error, on very rare occasions. I've gotten that error twice now, so I want to wrrk the computer angle, since something is clearly not quite operating as it should on my computer. It's more because I feel like the dpc watchdog error and my current soundbar problems may not be entirely separate problems.

14. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Insignia support have both an email address and a telephone number for you to get help. Including why you can't access their support forum. You would probably have had answers to both by now.

15. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I just registered on Insignia Forum, followed the instructions, went back and signed in, went to a topic area, clicked (as instructed) on the left side menu item 'New Message' and it works just fine.
    If you read the 'Help' section 'How do I post messages' you would have seen how to do it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  16. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

There was a help section for that? To be perfectly honest with you I had trouble finding the forum I needed to go to. The layout wasn't the kind that I'm normally used to. in any case I'll give it another go then.

17. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I still can't find the new message thing. Is it just me that's having this problem? Where exactly is th enew mesage link because I looked over the page in it's entirety several times now and nothing. I even looked through the only menu on the left side titled options and still nothing. You might as well just post it for me at this rate cause i still can't figure this out. Unless someone gives me an idea of where it should be and where i need to be then I'm not sure i'll figure this forum out. I even looked at the help section and that didn't help either cause it's just telling me to click something I'm simply not able to find. That is the most frustrating forum I've ever been to and honestly it needs it's own help forum just to make sense of it.

18. plodr

19. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

message.png

20. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

21. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

22. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Let us know whether you got the problem solved. ;)

23. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

So I posted on insignia's forums about the problems 5 days ago and haven't gotten any responses, so while I'm waiting let's see if it isn't something with the computer shall we. As it stands I use my bluetooth device to communicate with the soundbar and a direct connection isn't possible. I have recently been getting unusual amounts of static on occasion, so let's at least try to resolve the static if nothing else.

I should note that it is directly connected to the ps4 however I do not get any of these problems with the ps4. It seems to only have problems with the computer.

On a final note I've been getting a dpc watchdog error it has only happened twice however this issue only started after I paired the speaker with my computer. Perhaps if we figure out what is causing the dpc watchdog error we may be able to resolve the issue.

24. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Why didn't you just follow the advice in posts #10 and #18 and use their email support (or even phone) contact. If you had done that a few weeks ago you'd have an answer already.

25. plodr

As I pointed out in February after looking at the manual, it says:
    Choose one connection option shown below that
    fits your audio source device, such as a TV,
    DVD/Blu-ray player, or gaming console
    Since a computer is not listed as an audi source device, that's why you are having problems.
    Just because you want something to work problem free, there is no guarantee that it will work with hardware not mentioned by the company.

dr.moriarty likes this.
  26. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

probably because I only use email for stuff like signing up, and dealing with an automated machine ove the phone tends to be both frustrating and confusing at times.

27. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

It also says any bluetooth connected devices too if I recall correctly and my computer is a bluetooth connected device. What you saying only refers to direct connections. The speaker doesn't work at all with a direct connection to the computer and doesn't show up as a recognized device.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds