Photo

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by peterr, Jul 24, 2016.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I sent a photo to Drive from my phone to the pc and downloaded it, but when I open it it always has the programs ribbons etc around it. How can I just get a clear photo?
    I am not having any luck cropping out the ribbons etc.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Please say what OS on the phone - Android, iPhone or Windows.
    In what program (if any) was the photo stored in the phone? (eg OneDrive or other)
    Did you email the photo to yourself or use Bluetooth, or do you have the phone synced with your Pc?
    What are these 'ribbons'?

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I'll be succinct and show you the notes I made to solve this.

Win 10 marshmallow

Transfer photo from phone to pc without using a program with ribbons[the features most programs like paint have for size, color ] etc:

Insert usb cable in phone and pc and drag phone screen down to photo transfer

open photo = click edit>adjustment>resize>drag corner to size or, choose size>go back and click save(it will say saved to studio)

>go to phone’s file manager and find studio>find photo changed to KB’s and drag it to flash or desktop.

If don’t involve program = no ribbons etc.

Can also use S beam

*do not delete studio in phone

Peter

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

'S Beam' - I thought that was just a (Samsung) Android app.

5. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

It is.It is the manufacturer of my phone.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Then it is not a 'Windows' phone.
    I assume it is a Samsung ANDROID smart phone.
    Just copying over photos should be no problem either using a simple USB connection just like you would with a USB pen drive, Bluetooth or Samsung KIES.

7. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

You are right but prior to marshmallow ver 6.0.1, after plugging in the usb cable, you could find the phone and card with the file exploer directly. This has a few more tricks.

8. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Can you upload a screenshot of the photo with the 'ribbons'?

9. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Untitled.png Here is the attachment with ribbons. I have found a way to get a plain photo by not using a program so when you open it you only see the person. I found that it is harder to get things done since marshmallow as I had said.
    Can one remove the [I don't know the name of all the material except the person in a photo so I call it the ribbon] ribbon so all you see is a photo of a person?

10. Eldon

That's Paint which has been selected as the default application to open that file type. It has nothing to do with Marshmallow (or Windows). Right-click the file, move the cursor down to Open with, and click Choose default program... Click Windows Photo Viewer (ensure the box 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' is checked), and click OK.

11. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I appreciate your help Eldon - I know how to do that.
    I have made the MS photo app my default.

I guess I was asking, when you open a photo with a program, how do you keep just that photo and not all the features around it as in paint if you want to send it or jut file it?

12. Eldon

After connecting your phone to PC, select the photos, right-click > Send to > Documents. From here you can move or copy them to wherever you want to.

13. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I always go to the 'send to' feature but what about all the "stuff" around the photos as in Paint or any photo program.
    Does that not go with the 'send to' photo?

14. Eldon

There is no "stuff" around the photo unless you open it in a program. You send it from whichever folder it is in.

15. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Sorry I am not getting it, Eldon. When I open a photo in a program it i surrounded by features as I showed in paint. How do I save that photo so it is only a photo with nothing else?

16. Eldon

You click on Save or Save as.
    Save.jpg

17. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Right under my nose. Thanks a lot, now I can actually work on my photos the easy/right way.

18. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Eldon, I just scanned 2 photos and used Windows 10 photo as the default b/c it has the least amount of clutter around the picture itself.
    When dealing with a phone I can use DCIM and finally find the raw photo with nothing at all aru it unlike a photo opened by a program on the pc. Even if I crop and save as , the final photo still has the features around it and - it is not a bare or raw photo. I am trying to end up with only a photo when I open it and not one with the program's crop, resize, brightness and all the color choices. Win 10 does a good job of not being in the way but it still is not just a photo.
    The "stuff" I refer to is shown in 'paint'. crop as you may, and when you save as, it still incorporates the program around the photo.

19. Tabeer

Tabeer Private E-2

20. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S2, and a current use S4, and a Samsung Tablet. Whichever I use for photos is the same, if I Bluetooth or copy n paste via a USB cable on Win 10 I see no clutter of any kind.

21. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Thank you once again. All is well at present.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds