Help I Am So Lost

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DDalpezzo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. DDalpezzo

DDalpezzo Private E-2

I was wondering if there is anyone on here that lives near me I am not computer savvy at all and like a fool thought i could clean and put a different opperating system on a lap top and I am not sure what i did but its now not booting at all. I will pay someone to help me as far as i know every computer place around me is shut down or went out of business so im so lost when it comes to this stuff. I dont have alot of cash but i do have some so if your up to the challenge then i would pay you . please let me know not sure if its safe to put number on here but here it is <snip> the laptop is a dv6 notebook it had windows 7 on it i want it to have xp 32 bit if at all possible. Please let me know if someone is out there that will help me. Thank you for your time.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and Welcome to Major Geeks :)

I'm very sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I went ahead and deleted your phone number as we don't allow personal information like that to be posted and it really is never a good idea to post your phone number, email address or anything else like that on a public website.

We do get people with many different levels of computer knowledge on here looking for help and are very willing to try to help you. We do all this on our forum, though, and we do not take money unless people are interested in donating directly to the site. It is not necessary and our help is free.

I am not exactly sure why you would do this as Windows XP is no longer a supported operating system and is a huge security risk, but if you would like help with your laptop, please post a new thread in our Software Forum here:
    Software

Please be very specific about your computer and what exactly you have done and what you would like to do.

3. DDalpezzo

DDalpezzo Private E-2

ok thank you

4. DDalpezzo

DDalpezzo Private E-2

and my friend needs a 32 bit os and im not sure if windows 7 is 32 bit? i would put windows 7 on it if it were 32 bit

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Windows 7 did come in 32 bit as well, yes.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Personally Windows 7 is much better than XP and XP will likely not work on that newer laptop anyway as drivers for hardware will be at least 2 generations of Windows out, so asking for more trouble if you get XP installed, I would run a factory restore and some info here on this http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418 likely if you cannot boot to an OS properly you will need to repeatedly press the F11 key to get the recovery options.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds