New

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by butterfly1, Aug 20, 2016.

1. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Hi, I'm new to this, have a lot to learn!
    thanks

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Welcome, butterfly1 !

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :)

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Hi butterfly1. You can learn a lot just by reading the forums here on Major Geeks If you need help just ask and someone will gladly help you. Nice people here!:)

5. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Thanks everyone !

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ah we all have a lot to learn so welcome to the forum,

7. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Thanks for reply. I would like to know more about some free protection, at this point I don't have a lot of time to learn about the different programs & systems out there. I'll see what I can learn from your site and feedback.
    keep up the good work!

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

DavidGP and Eldon like this.
  9. DavidGP

See Max's post as that info is what many use and its effective, the main thing is be careful what you download, never trust popup messages and be weary of emails, that you do not know the sender.

10. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Glad to have you onboard:)

11. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Thanks, I read the 2 guides Max posted tonight, I'll keep reviewing that for a while, used c Cleaner tonight, was nice to watch video to explain, then I did it myself. Its a start

12. DavidGP

Hi

A start is all you need once you get into learning about your PC more and what should or should not be on it as well as effective cleaning of junk un-needed files and malware you will learn loads, we all had to start somewhere

13. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Thanks- its nice to get encouragement! I think you have to have courage before you can give it! I apprecuate it. I'm suprised by the comments since I have so little to offer.
    In gratitude, signing off!

DavidGP likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds