49ers Qb Kaepernick Protests National Anthem Over Treatment Of Minorities

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Data Banks, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

Say what? I too happen to be from a minority group who has been screwed just as much if not more than the race Kaeparnick is protesting for. But I sure ain't going to take it out on Old Glory, since I understand the values and principles with which this country was found and built on. And even if Kaepernick isn't going to win me over with the stand he's taking, I more than understand his right to free speech! Which is the way it should be here too instead of locking one harmless thread after another.

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Who? I quit listening to band members, movie stars and writers, much less sports players about their beliefs or opinions long ago. But I agree with you in that they have a right to keep on talking. And anybody else has a right to keep on listening.

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

This quote from Major Attitude (July 10, 2010) about says it all -

Mimsy and DavidGP like this.
  4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Was he talking about Chicago?

5. Imandy Mann

6. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

Maybe. I do know there's plenty of bodies there including Dwayne Wade's cousin. Dwayne is one of the Chicago Bulls most valuable players, while his cousin was shot dead on the south side in a random shooting. From everything I see it's not cops but these shootings that's the real problem in Chicago and elsewhere http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/dwyane-wades-cousin-gunned-41690203

7. Imandy Mann

I believe Wade made statements as to wishing all this could be cleared up even before his personal tragedy happened. Maybe if more people everywhere would see the need for our survival as a whole ...... not going to happen. The man protesting should be proud at least he's in the US where he can protest.

8. dr.moriarty

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/colin-...anthem-treatment-minorities/story?id=41691307

He's talking about cops, guys....

9. Imandy Mann

I know. But cops aren't doing the majority of the killings and quite a few cops in the last ten years have been killed also.

10. Imandy Mann

See the last chart on this page and the next to the last sentence. More 'majorities' shot and killed by police than any other. And no racial difference found in the killings. This from the BBC so it's an outsider looking in.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36826297

AtlBo likes this.
  11. dr.moriarty

Cops/law enforcement officers(sic) should not be killing neither innocent citizens or even armed perps, if their lives are not in immediate danger. e.g. No one can justify a cop killing a person from 30 feet away who has a closed pocket knife and is walking away. I wonder just how many minorities have been victimized by cops in the past, say..200 years?

But, I will not be drawn into a HBT started by the OP.
    *Participation in thread ended.

12. Imandy Mann

I agree with you dr. moriarty!

13. Data Banks

Data Banks Corporal

I just heard the Niners refuse to discipline him, the court of public opinion surely will though.

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Harmless thread is an opinion and one we have said repeatedly over the years that we will not go down the HBT route, this is a tech forum and if you want controversy then join a forum in that ilk. Dont know the premise of the thread but reading the replies from members this is going down a not so well trodden route.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds