Spotify Premium: What's Even The Use?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by drtheglob, Sep 25, 2016.

1. drtheglob

drtheglob Private E-2

Short version: I can't figure out how to access a satisfactory library of music on my Spotify account without either using tons of cellular data or using huge amounts of space on my phone. Advice?

Initially, I was playing music using cellular data and using way too much of it. I looked into solutions, and was made to understand that by "saving" songs/albums onto my Spotify account, I would be able to save tons of cellular data. After following this recommendation, I soon enough realized that saving music to my Spotify account takes up an enormous amount of GB on my 16GB Iphone, so that I'm constantly having to juggle Spotify space usage vs everything else on my phone. I wonder: If saving songs onto my Spotify account takes up this much space...then why wouldn't I simply download music straight onto my phone? Granted, my phone is only 16GB, but the amount of music that I can save to my Spotify account is utterly minuscule. Almost pointless. Even if I bought a 64GB, phone, I suspect that I would only be able to fit a barely accept library of music onto my Spotify account, and then I'd be dealing with the irritation of juggling space between Spotify and everything else.

How do you all handle this? I'm thinking about getting an Ipod. Seems amazing how much you have to pay in order to get Spotify to hold a remotely large library of music.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Buy a memory card.

3. drtheglob

drtheglob Private E-2

Would I somehow be using this in conjunction with Spotify Premium? Or are you saying to just download music and upload it straight to the memory card?

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You were already saving the songs on your phone itself for offline play.
    With an iPhone, that is not an option.

5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

o_O I had no idea...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds