Looking To Eliminate Everything From Chrome Or Ie So That I Have A Pic In Pic Old School Tv (see Pic

Discussion in 'Software' started by carmello2003, Oct 22, 2016.

1. carmello2003

carmello2003 Private First Class

I have TimeWarner Cable and I have a password to watch TV online. I do this so I can watch TV as I browse the net using "Ctrl+Smace" so that the window is always ontop.
    New TV s don't have a Pic in Pic option. I would like to eliminate everything from Chrome (is what I Use) or IE which I will use if thats the way to do it.
    See pic to see what I want to do.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. It was the closest I could figure.

Thank You In Advance!

Attached Files:

2. Anon-c1150d5334

Anon-c1150d5334 Anonymized

Instead of using a browser to stream, you could try using VLC instead (a free program)
    VLC will stream, and will allow you to change the interface to a minimalistic look, and allows any amount of tweaking to suit the look you are after.
    Skins are available : ( such as https://addons.videolan.org/p/1008199/ )

3. carmello2003

Didn't load URL.

https://video2.timewarnercable.com/liveTv

there is a password involved (which I logged into before I tried it saving the password) then I need to pick a channel.
    This may be a good application but I couldn't get it to work for this.
    Any other ideas?

4. carmello2003

I Right Clicked on Program----->
    Open Media----->
    Open Network----->
    Clicked on the (play) drop down box and
    clicked Stream----->
    Source was my Http address I wanted to play----->
    File Dropdown box I clicked HTTP----->
    Next window I used the default Transcoding option----->
    Stream box I clicked Default and also another time I clicked "Stream all elementary streams"----->
    I got nothing.
    Did I do something wrong.
    I DO appreciate your help here!

5. Anon-c1150d5334

6. carmello2003

Ya, I don't think there is a WIndows App. I can go to the website but thats where I am "HandCuffed" Thanks for your help.
    Anything there I was doing wrong that your could see using VLC?

7. Anon-c1150d5334

If you wanted to experiment, you could try Firefox, with an Extension called RealKiosk. I would recommend a portable version, installed on your desktop, as you cannot uninstall this ext. without going into Safe Mode; this way you can just delete FF if you don't like it and it hasn't changed anything on your computer. If you set the home page to your TW cable, and then install the extension, you have more control. It takes away all your bars at the top as well as navigation, so you have to use shortcuts. I tried it on youtube; it left a title bar at the top, which is better than a whole menu bar. Not sure what you will get with TW, of course.

Shortcuts: Alt+Space+R = Restore down (after which your Minimize buttons etc reappear)
    Wn+ D = Minimize
    Fn+Alt+F4 = Close

If you try it, I would be interested to hear how it displayed.

8. carmello2003

I'll give it a try, I use auto hotkey AHK and have a BILLION shortcuts already
    Thanks Again!

9. carmello2003

I would say thats pretty good.
    Thank You!

Attached Files:

fankieh likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds