Windows 10 Alienware Dell Takes 4 Minutes To Load Programs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by susieq29, Dec 1, 2016.

1. susieq29

susieq29 Private First Class

I just got a new Alienware laptop computer. I used laplink to transfer all my programs and data. I have 16GB with 512 GB +1TB of Rm. Intel Core. My computer takes 4 minutes to open after microsoft opening screen. The first thing that happens is my Comodo virus window opens the screen is black then after 4 minutes the screen opens with everything running fine.
    I have done 2 diagnostics on computer checking hardware and processes and memory everything is OK. Dell was on my computer for 3 hours.
    I did a windows sfc scan and dism scan everything is good.
    When in safe mode computer loads instantly.
    I did a registry clean up using free registry repair fix on Major Geeks.
    Nothing worked. I went to start menu and disable everything not related to alienware.
    I am out of options except to do a clean install of windows. I don't want to have to do that. I am convinced it is not a windows problem but it could be a software problem. Is there anyway to narrow down this problem. Any suggestions are appreciated

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Have a look at what processes start at boot. You may have many unneeded.
    For a very detailed view of that use Autoruns
    It's a zip file. When you have extracted it into its own folder right click autsruns.exe and choose 'run as administrator.

3. susieq29

Did that and here is what is left after I unchecked all the ones I thought I didn't need. Is there any other ones I can uncheck. I did uncheck all items in startup from task manager not related to windows.

Attached Files:

4. susieq29

I also went into services and disabled everything except microsoft stuff it still took 4 minutes to load programs. After unchecking all the stuff in autorun program.

5. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

This sounds like a graphics driver issue.

Do you have the latest driver package for your GPU? Have you tried a clean uninstall, and then installed the latest drivers?

6. susieq29

Dell hardware dept installed new bios drivers and new NVIDIA graphics driver.

7. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , you could ask for a new machine , it's under warranty i think , what is your machine's specification ? :cool:

8. susieq29

Dell says there is nothing wrong. I convinced them to replace solid state drive

9. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

There definitely is something amiss.

An Alienware model with an SSD should boot in less than thirty seconds, not four minutes.

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

As you said there is nothing there to cause that very long start up time, even if you have all needed programs and services loading at start up.
    I agree with the comments of others. Something isn't right on that system.
    If the new SSD drive that they have offered you does not resolve the issue then, if still in warranty, I personally would seek a full refund. But I don't know the consumer rights laws in your country. In the UK (and I think, but don't know for sure, in the EU as a whole) a full refund is a legal right here, and we are not forced to accept a repair or even a new replacement product.
    But if you don't have a legal right to a full refund - then shop again elsewhere - I would insist on a brand new certified replacement.
    If you can get a full refund, you will get a better product, probably cheaper even after delivery (especially with the current advantageous to you exchange rate), from the excellent award winning system builder Novatech UK
    After several years of several systems I wouldn't buy one anywhere else.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  11. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

A Carbonite/Comodo clash would slow things down at boot. W10 might be stalling whilst looking for/trying to install drivers, Killernet drivers/software have a reputation for being buggy. Do you really need/use Nvidia's Shadowplay?

12. susieq29

I fixed it. I called Leo Leport the computer guy on radio. He told me to open a new startup account on computer. This fixed problem. Computer is working great. Thanks for everyones help.

satrow likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds