Recommend Protection For Android Phone

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by butterfly1, Oct 18, 2016.

1. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

What do you recommend for protection for an android phone? I recently installed avast free version, it is fast, easy to use. Are there some others that may have more protection that are also free? I have avast premium on my laptop, and I am new to learning all this. I would like to be able to see more of what is being done before things are cleared, but for now I'm glad to have some protection. Once again, thanks for your reply's.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Thank you, I will. Your response was very fast, your web says be paitient- I think your responses are very quick!
    Once again-grateful.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't have a smart phone but I have an Android tablet. I use Malwarebytes and ESET https://www.eset.com/us/home/mobile-security-android/
    I purchased 2 years for something like $14 then only discovered this year that because I don't use phone features, there is a free version for tablets. When renewal time comes around next year, I'll switch to the free version.

5. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Since you have green and purple-
    Thank you so much for your recommendation!! It's because of your use and experience I tried it, downloaded both to my android phone.
    I do like it, and am suggesting it to others.
    (embarrassed I'm late on reply:( in thanking you and feedback,)

Hope you are having a nice thanksgiving
    enjoy and stay safe

6. isac

isac Private E-2

Try DR. Web Security Space and Malwarebytes;)

7. butterfly1

butterfly1 Private E-2

Thank you Isac. I will check it out.
    I also told someone about this forum yesterday and recommended it, appreciate the information and experience.
    I do have malwarebytes on phone and laptop now, I appreciate hearing more and more people using it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds