Need Brothers Printer Mfc-j435w To Scan Above 300 Dpi With Windows 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dunno, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Dunno

Dunno Private E-2

I was able to scan up to 600 and 1200 dpi on my Brothers Printers/Scanner MFC-J435W with my Vista computer. Just got new Windows 10 computer and now scanner only gives me highest option of 300 dpi. How can I change this so I can scan at a higher dpi?

Thanks in advance!

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Dunno likes this.
  3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Can you scan at full resolution directly from the device's front panel?

Did this new computer come with W10 preinstalled, or was it W7 that you then updated to W10? I ask because on the downloads page for that Brother device, it says when upgrading from W7 or W8.1, some features may not work correctly and recommends fully uninstalling all the drivers and all the software for the device, then install W10.

If me, I would do a fresh install of the drivers again any way, see I upgraded my Windows PC to Windows® 10 and I can no longer Print, Scan or Fax from my PC for uninstall and reinstall instruction.

Dunno likes this.
  4. Dunno

Dunno Private E-2

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled my Brothers DVD and then went to Brothers website and updated my drivers. Appreciate all help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds