Aggravating Box

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick T, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

See the box on the screen ? It will just pop up randomly out of nowhere a few times a day and I have no idea why. Any thoughts ?

Untitled.png

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

That looks similar to what you see when pressing the Menu shortcut key - between the right Windows logo & Ctrl keys. But it should open at the top left.
    Press that key and look if you see something similar.

Nick T likes this.
  3. Stephen_c16

Stephen_c16 Master Sergeant

I thought it was right-clicking the mouse...
    s.

Nick T and Eldon like this.
  4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It is.
    Either the keyboard's Menu shortcut key or the mouse's right-click button is the culprit.

Nick T and Stephen_c16 like this.
  5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

An accidental right click. Some mice can be very sensitive to the slightest touch.

Nick T and Stephen_c16 like this.
  6. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

All so i would recommend on a malwarebytes scan this could be a virus or malware attacking the mouse .In the old days i had a couple of them.And check to make sure your remote procedure is off unless you remotely connect to your system.

Nick T likes this.
  7. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey guys, it is the same box that shows up when right clicking the mouse, maybe the mouse is sensitive. I did the Malwarebytes scan and a Bitdefender scan and all's clean and good. I guess I may just have to get use to it until I get another mouse to see what happens. Thanks for all the help. As always, the gang at MG's are the best.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds