Shockwave Crashes X36 To 4th Power

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Shockwave is beginning to get on my nerves. It is locking up, quits functioning, crashes, whatever the appropriate term is, daily and often several times daily.
    I am debating using Glock 9mm hardware to see if that would solve my problem.
    Thoughts, suggestions?

Skysarge

2. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Signed back on less than 5 minutes ago.
    Shockwave has already crashed 3 times

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Ok couple of important things:
    1. Is it Shockwave FLASH or Shockwave for Director crashing - they are two different plug ins.

2. You also need to say what specific web browser this is happening with, and whether you are experiencing the same with other web browsers.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

If this is for firefox i use this instead it comes with the web browser cyberfox.
    OpenH264

This plays videos pretty well and has not crashed my cyberfox.

Cyberfox is a off brand of firefox but it is more stable than firefox it self.
    https://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/

I am guessing you are using firefox.

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Firefox itself has supported OpenH264 since version 33. Untitled.jpg

6. Anon-469e6fb48c

Well i did not know that thanks.I have not used firefox since 28 version.

7. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

just Firefox as of now

8. Anon-469e6fb48c

I would recommend on saving your web links and installing Cyberfox.

It's the same thing as firefox but it's more stable.I get zero crashes with cyberfox.

I have a link above in post 4.

Make sure firefox is completely removed.

the mekanic likes this.
  9. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

" script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://cdn.doubleverify.com/avs646.js:83"

10. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

11. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Is this machine certifiably malware free?

12. Anon-469e6fb48c

I would all so do a Malwarebytes scan and a Super anti Spyware.

Sounds like a little of both.

13. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Checking the system is malware free is of course a good idea.
    If the Shockwave flash plug in in your Firefox is the latest Version 24.0.0.194
    and the plug in for Shockwave PLAYER is the latest Version 12.2.5.195
    and you set it in Firefox > Add ons > Plug Ins to 'ALWAYS ASK TO ACTIVATE' then it will only need to run on sites where you need it.
    If you don't make that setting then some web pages will be trying to loads tons of unneeded flash content. I surf to many sites without allowing Flash with no problem.
    Swapping versions of Firefox generally wont make any difference because if you think about it, how could it when the same web pages will still have the same content. It's what Flash content that you allow that matters.

14. Anon-469e6fb48c

Well i find that Firefox is more let's say for users than developers.Cyberfox seems to be more stable for some reason i can not figure out.Cyberfox is more on the developers side and seems to be more unlocked than the regular firefox version.Or may be it's the version i am using for AMD i guess.Cyberfox has three different versions to select from.

AMD,Intel,And Beta versions.

Since i have a AMD processor I am using the AMD version x64 / 64bit.

Which makes sense.If you are using a 64 bit operating system.Which i like this idea better be cause you have a choice to pick is better for your Computer.I think this is the reason why Cyberfox seems to be more stable than firefox or pale moon for that matter.Pale moon is so out dated i don't think it's even being updated any more.

If you download firefox it only has one option to download.I think this is where the main issue in firefox comes from.Be cause you don't have an option to download x.

And plus i don't even use flash player any more be cause one.The plugin container.exe is connected with flash player is this is all so i think where the main problem lies.The plugin container.exe can not be disable no longer not after version 28 firefox.Plugin container.exe is a major resource hog.It will take up to 30 to 50 percent of your cpu just watching a youtube video.

This is why i started to find that the OpenH264 video codec is so much better.And it does not use the plugin container.exe from flash player or slash shock wave.I select the option to never run the flash player and i don't get any crash at all.I only use the OpenH264 video codec and it seems to buffer the videos a lot quicker than flash player.

15. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Do believe there is something amiss other than the Shockwave program. I am getting stop script messages with considerable frequency.
    But my anti-malware checker (part of 360 total security program) is missing it, if the problem is malware

16. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Moved over to Cyber Fox.
    Knock on wood (my hard head} , fingers, toes crossed, that seems to work.

17. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

switched to cyber fox, much betterr

18. Anon-469e6fb48c

I think there might have been an issue.With Firefox because it only works fine for so long and tends to break something after updating.

Cyber fox is fully unlock able.I can give you my settings later for speed.There are settings that would not work for Firefox.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds